Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Books 1-5)…

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Books 1-5)

by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson in this story learns he is half god and the son of Poseidon. I really enjoyed this book because it was action packed and had a good story line. I would use this book in a classroom that is studying Ancient Greek Mythology. ( )
  AliciaFine | Jun 4, 2014 |
[Percy Jackson and the Olympians] by [[Rick Riordan]] illustrated by Rick Riordan. This is a older fiction story book , That a boy named Percy Jackson goes on adventures to save or rescue someone in different places and he doesn't tell stories from the past I't happens in present. When he goes on adventures I like when he fights and when I read the book It makes me feel like i'm alive in the story.
I think this book is a good book to read because If you like adventurous stories well here is the book.
It is a big book and it is interesting, you can read this book in 1 week.
If I was you I would definitely read this book. (stars) 4.27.

My Response

(Instead of reviewing each book individually, I've decided to rate them all together). Each and every Percy Jackson book was AMAZING! With every single page, Rick Riodrain, using his magic touch, adds humor, romance, and just plain adventure! I highly recommend each and every Percy Jackson story!

First, the characters were just all so unique! You literally have thousands of unique characters, each of them well-developed and realistic.
I loved the idea of the demigods (a decedent of a Greek god or goddess and a human). Each demigod has unique traits that correspond to the realm of control their parent has over the world (i.e. Percy, who is the son of Poseidon, the god of the sea can manipulate water, etc). This was a fresh, creative idea!

I also loved the plots of each and every story! No story was even close to being similar; they each had individuality and fresh, new ideas on Riordan's part. Each story was filled with LOTS of action, romance, and TONS of humor. Riordan really knows how to "spice it up!" I also LOVED the narration by Percy! :-) He has such a great sense of humor!

This really helped my insight on Greek mythology in such a creative way it felt like I didn't even know I was learning! :-) I imagine this technique will be useful to young readers who, like me, will definitely fall under the influence of Riodran's master skills as storyteller.

All in all, I loved the whole series! These books are definitely recommended to fans of fantasy (specifically Harry Potter) and fans of Greek mythology. (However, let me confess, the movies highly disappointed me!) Happy reading...may the gods be ever in your favor! :-) ( )

(Other persons response) ( )
  AmalV | Mar 28, 2014 |
The Percy Jackson books have become an incredible young adult series. These books take Ancient Greek mythology and establish them in our modern day world. The story follows young demigods on epic quests to fight monsters, accomplishing the impossible, and save the world (multiple times). These stories are pure adventure and down right heroic, if that's what you love I strongly recommend reading this series (maybe more than once). ( )
  BookSeekers | Dec 28, 2013 |
An unlikely hero find his place in a whole new world. ( )
  makasireh | Nov 27, 2013 |
I give this book 4 stars because it has lots of sespence and it's frightening and mysterious that's why I give this book 4 stars. ( )
  ninja37 | Nov 25, 2013 |
This LT work consists of all five novels in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, namely: Book 1, The Lightning Thief; Book 2, The Sea of Monsters; Book 3, The Titan's Curse; Book 4, The Battle of the Labyrinth; and Book 5, The Last Olympian. Please do not combine it with any individual title or other collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,371,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible