Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society

by Ally Carter

Down to the Wire by Shannon Greenland (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: Both are adventure YA novels about teenaged cat burglars and their teams. Heist Society is more focused on the art (think Thomas Crown Affair), while Down to the Wire is more like Mission: Impossible because of the protagonist WireNut's talents with technology.… (more)
    Finding Lubchenko by Michael Simmons (meggyweg)
    The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz (infiniteletters)

I felt the book confusing. I really got into it finally when they were at the Henley. I wish I had read the author's note at the back about the Nazi's taking priceless paintings in the war before I read the book. ( )
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |
Oh, I'm such a girl sometimes. Cool chick, cute guys, add a little drama and I'm in.
This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it was not bad at all!
Just don't go in expecting something fabulous; this is a mindless read, not something believable. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
(Sigue leyendo para encontrar la reseña en español)

This book is a bit like the art thieving part of White Collar, but without the FBI and with teenagers who are art thieves. You do need to accept a few unlikely things as true to enjoy it, because there's no way that so many people would take a few teenagers seriously. However, it's a very interesting novel if you imagine the characters to be in their early twenties instead of their late teenage years. This is the only negative thing that I found though.

I loved how it kept my attention for so long, that I read it in one day. In fact, I only put it down to eat lunch. Even though it’s the kind of book where you never get the impression that anybody is really in danger, I had to keep reading because I wanted to know how they solved the problem.

Awesome book for fans of Ocean’s 11 and White Collar, as long as they don’t mind teenage main characters. There aren’t enough books about thieves out there and I’ll definitely read the rest of the series.

--------------------------------------------------​

Este libro es un poco como la parte de robo de arte de Ladrón de Guante Blanco, pero sin el FBI y con ladrones adolescentes. Hay que aceptar algunas cosas improbables como verdaderas para que uno se divierta, porque no es probable que tanta gente tome en serio a un puñado de adolescentes. Sin embargo, es una novela muy interesante si uno se imagina a los personajes como personas de veintitantos en lugar de adolescentes. Esto es el único punto negativo que le encontré al libro.

Me gustó mucho cómo capturó mi atención durante tanto tiempo que lo leí en un día. De hecho, sólo lo dejé para ir a comer. Aunque es la clase de libro que en ningún momento transmite la sensación de que nadie esté en peligro, necesitaba seguir leyendo porque quería saber cómo iban a solucionar el problema.

Un libro genial para fans de Ocean’s 11 y Ladrón de Guante Blanco, siempre que no les importe que los personajes principales sean adolescentes. No hay suficientes libros sobre ladrones y pienso terminar de leer esta serie. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
(Sigue leyendo para encontrar la reseña en español)

--------------------------------------------------​

Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
Kat's family business is crime. Once she's finally had enough, Kat uses her skills as a criminal to con her way into an exclusive private prep school, only to have one of her former friends get her kicked out. The reasons are good however when Kat's father is under the threat of being killed by a criminal family who is convinced he stole their precious art. Kat and her friends have the impossible task of not only finding the art but stealing it back before the deadline passes and Kat's father is killed.
This book is exciting with action that never lets up and enough twists and turns for any mystery enthusiast. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
This is a thoroughly enjoyable, cinema-ready adventure, and the details of thieving tools and techniques, lavish settings, and cast of eccentric characters, including possible spies and love interests, all add texture and depth to the action.
added by khuggard | editBooklist, Gillian Engberg

For my family
No one knew for certain when the trouble started at the Colgan School.

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

A group of teenagers uses their combined talents to re-steal several priceless paintings and save fifteen-year-old Kat Bishop's father, himself an international art thief, from a vengeful collector.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,421,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible