Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect…

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Francis Chan, Danae Yankoski (Contributor)

1,319175,901 (4.06)1
Member:EmmeA
Title:Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
Authors:Francis Chan
Other authors:Danae Yankoski (Contributor)
Info:David C. Cook (2009), Edition: New, Paperback, 208 pages

Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Francis Chan (2009)

Recently added byCCC317, ccbarr, Caralynn23, Walkerfamily10, JMcLeod, hargadsl, WretchedManThatIAm, private library

(28)

Francis Chan picks up the mantle of Bill Bright in helping the church form a biblical understanding of the way that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit should change us. This is a challenging book and you may or may not agree with everything (I didn't) but all believers do need to think through the things he is saying. Come Holy Spirit and fill your church! ( )
  HGButchWalker | Sep 21, 2016 |
Christianity
  CPI | Aug 1, 2016 |
I love reading Francis Chan's books. He writes with such an easy voice. It is like he is having a conversation with just you. His book Crazy Love changed the way I see my faith. I picked up Forgotten God because I wanted to learn about creating a relationship with the Holy Spirit. This book had a lot of insight and practical information and lessons. I appreciated reading about real people making powerful connections with the Spirit of God as well. This is a book I need to purchase. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Despite its shortness, there was a lot of repetition: depend upon God. And despite its emphasis early on about exegesis vs. eisegesis, there was not much "Bible" study at all. Not that I disagreed with much of what he said, it was just not what I thought was promised. But the conclusions are right on: if the God of the universe dwells in us, shouldn't we be different from the world? The answer has to be yes, yet sadly, we look around the world, and we can't often tell; I know in my life, I can't tell. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |

Francis Chanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Yankowski, Danaesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Rachel, My daughter and friend: You have no idea how happy I am to see the Spirit alive in you. Let's follow Him together, forever.
Introduction
You might think that calling the Holy Spirit the "forgotten God" is a bit extreme. Maybe you agree that the church has focused too much attention elsewhere but feel it is an exaggeration to say we have forgotten about the Spirit. I don't think so.
Chapter 1-
I've Got Jesus. Why Do I Need the Spirit?
We may as well face it: the whole level of spirituality among us is low. We have measured ourselves by ourselves until the incentive to seek higher plateaus in the things of the Spirit is all but gone... [We] have imitated the world, sought popular favor, manufactured delights to substitute for the joy of the Lord and produced a cheap and synthetic power to substitute for the power of the Holy Ghost. -A. W. Tozer-
I am convinced there is a desperate need in the church for the Holy Spirit of God to be given room to have His way.

Per back cover:
Powerful.
When is the last time someone used that word to describe you?
It doesn't make sense that Almighty God would have children characterized by fear and insecurity. He put His Spirit in us so we could be known for our power (Acts 1:8, 2 Tim 1:7). Sadly, most believers and churches are known for talent or intellect rather than supernatural power. What's worse is that we're okay with it.
Could it be that we've forgotten the One who distinguishes us from every religion and cult in the world?
Through solid scriptural support and compelling narrative, breakthrough author Franchis Chan returns us to the Holy Spirit as the Bible describes Him. He reminds us that we were not created and saved merely to survive our time on earth. Chan contends that we've ignored the Spirit and are reaping the disastrous results.
It's time for the beloved church of Jesus Christ to reverse the trend of neglect. Let's pursue the Spirit-filled life of effectiveness God desires and we desire.

It doesn't make sense that Almighty God would have children characterized by fear and insecurity. Could it be that we've forgotten the One who distinguishes us from every other religion and cult in the world? Chan returns us to the Holy Spirit as the Bible describes Him.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,255,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible