Rebels and Lovers by Linnea Sinclair

Rebels and Lovers (edition 2010)

by Linnea Sinclair

Member:readr
Title:Rebels and Lovers
Authors:Linnea Sinclair
Info:Bantam (2010), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:**
Tags:sci-fi, romance, adult

Rebels and Lovers by Linnea Sinclair

English (9)  Swedish (1)  All languages (10)
Another good one. Confusing in spots, though I figured out who was behind it a long time before they did - the company name, and the slightly off message. Bah. But the characters are nicely limned, and their motivations (particularly the obstacles between Kaidee and Devin) are quite solid. It also rounds off the story nicely, linking back to all three others in the series - especially Gabriel's Ghost and Hope's Folly. Still a lot of questions - what's going to happen to GGS? And Kiler is still wandering around, grrr. So there _could_ be another story - Trip, maybe? But this is a nice closure, if she stops here. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | May 8, 2015 |
3.5 stars ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
Still love to read Linnea Sinclair; but her best book is An Accidental Goddess. ( )
  lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
Amazon preorder

I always like Linnea Sinclair and this was right on target. Good three dimensional characters, although I wouldn't have minded a little more exploration of Kaidee's early life.

I particularly liked that neither character ignored the fact that they were in imminent danger to boink and emote endlessly. Not that there wasn't adequate emotional story arc intertwined with character/relationship arc, but it didn't suffer from the "people, get a grip, they're trying to kill you" that romance novels sometimes suffer from.

I guessed two big reveals toward the end, but that was ok and organic to the plot.

We see some characters from previous books toward the end, but I don't think you need to have read the previous books to enjoy this one.

It felt a little slow/long in places, and maybe could have used a little tightening, or a little less repetition of some of the key backstory, but all in all a very nice book. ( )
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Not as good as the other books of Sinclair that I've read. For me it moved too slowly. And somehow the story did not seem as full as the other books in the series, following from Gabriel's Ghost. I'm not sure why it was a little disappointing. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jun 9, 2011 |
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most." -Marianne Williamson
His family was sending one of their corporate star yachts through two major jumpgates-from Sylvadae to the port city of Tal Verdis on Garno-just for him.
"I've spent too much of my life doing what others expected of me, rationalizing that it was my job to handle those responsiblities that Jonathan was too busy to do, that Philip wasn't around to do, and that Ethan didn't want to do. So I did them, and to a great extent, I'll probably always do them. Just like I will make sure Trip and Barty are safely on their way home. But this chance to have you in my life, it's my one great rebellion. It's my making a choice because you are what i want. I don't walk away from my responsibilities. But I'm tired of walking away from my dreams." -Devin

In the two years since Devin Guthrie last saw Captain Makaiden Griggs, his family's political position has been made precarious by his brother Philip's open revolt against the Empire. When Devin's nineteen-year-old nephew Trip goes missing, Devin must join forces with Kaidee, the beautiful, take-charge pilot he's forbidden to marry, to bring Trip back alive.… (more)

42 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,073,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible