Changes : a novel of the Dresden files by…

Changes : a novel of the Dresden files (edition 2010)

by Jim Butcher

Member:damzlfly
Title:Changes : a novel of the Dresden files
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:New York : Roc/New American Library, 2010.
Tags:ebook, urban fantasy, wizards, vampires

Changes by Jim Butcher

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine (Anonymous user)

English (122)  Swedish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (124)
my favourite book so far of the series. going to be hard to top this one.
it felt like all things were coming to a full circle.
and just when you felt like things were going to be just fine, bam, Butcher does what he does best, set fire to it all.
only he can turn your world upside down in ONE page. probably not even a full page.
such a thrillingly sad book. ( )
  hmurya | May 1, 2016 |
CLIFFHANGER! Aargh. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
favorite book so far! ( )
  brandochic | Feb 22, 2016 |
Six-word review: Fateful choices lead to epic battle.

Extended review:

Oh, my.

Are you familiar with the use of the reset button technique when it comes to fictional plots? Yes, that's just about the same thing as what the Fairy Godmother tells Cinderella: "At the last stroke of midnight, the spell will be broken, and everything will be as it was before."

Well, that's not what happens here, Fairy Godmother notwithstanding. Just the opposite, in fact.

Changes.

I had to fight off the urge to continue straight on to the thirteenth installment, just to find out what happens next.

I'm tough, though. I read another book instead, and then another. By tomorrow I'll have waited a week, and that seems like long enough.

This is why I prefer to wait until series are complete before I start reading (or watching) them. ( )
  Meredy | Feb 17, 2016 |
Dresdon learns he has a daughter and that his former love - Susan Rodrigues - kept her hidden. Now the child has been kidnapped by the red court and he believes they intend to kill her to get to him.
  taurus27 | Feb 14, 2016 |
This is book 13 of the series so the character and world building was done a long time ago with a masterpiece hand. What can I say? I’m a long-time Jim Butcher fan so my opinion is biased. Reading Changes has reminded me why I love reading Jim Butcher so much! The wry humour showing through the pages… non-stop suspense action chapter after chapter. The story telling quality is 5 out of 5, as per usual. So what new thing can I say about this book that I haven’t said already in previous Jim Butcher reviews? This book is obviously a pivotal point in the series, as aptly titled Changes. New developments in the story is emerging... And the ending was specifically designed to better torment die hard fans to having to wait for a year for the next installment…

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blue Moon PhotographyAuthor photographsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lundgren, RayCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simmons, JoieCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I answered the phone, and Susan Rodriguez said, “They’ve taken . . . ”
I'm not sure it's possible to manipulate someone with candor and truth.
I think you call that enlightenment.

Long ago, Susan Rodriquez was Harry Dresden's lover - until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her caught between humanity and the relentless bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. She disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it. Now she needs Harry's help more than ever.

For the vengeful Duchess of the Red Court has discovered a secret Susan has long kept from everyone - including Harry - and she plans to use it. To prevail, Harry may have to unleash the full fury of his untapped power - and he may have no choice but to embrace the darkness within himself.

Because this time, he's fighting to save his child.

In the twelfth book of the series, Harry finds out he has a daughter and has to work with his former lover, Susan Rodriguez, to protect them both.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,840,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible