Fantasy In Death by J. D. Robb

Fantasy In Death

by J. D. Robb

Series: In Death (30)

English (34)  Hungarian (1)  All (35)
The room was locked, no one had entered with the victim or after him but the game is played and he is dead. Lt. Eve Dallas has the mystery of her career on her capable hands. This was without a doubt one of the best books in this series thus far. I highly recommend this one. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
JD Robb, one of my guilty pleasures. Her stories don't require much thought, but they do keep my interest even if they are chick-lit.

I knew from the first instance of crime-scene investigation how the crime was committed. The only trouble was the motive and who did it. I enjoyed the interaction of all the characters and the expressed emotions. I enjoy the author's vision of the future - soy pups and tubes of Pepsi. It is interesting to see how Roark and Dallas are growing and learning to leave their past behind. ( )
  kewaynco | Apr 10, 2016 |
I love this series with its zany characters, the futuristic setting that's still enough of today for my comfort, and the plots that make me wonder where Ms. Robb/Roberts gets her ideas! This one was especially tight and kept me guessing to the end. And for once I restrained myself from reading ahead! Most of all I love the ever-deepening love story between Eve and Roarke. I can't wait to tag along on their next adventure. ( )
  LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
Good installment in the In Death series. Not one of my favorites but it is interesting to see how Roberts ' future world fits with our own, In this one, the furure world doesn't seem as far out as it does in some of the books. Her characters are all here, some of them in small roles. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jan 3, 2016 |
Especially fun for geeks with loads of gaming references and a touch of Star Wars. There's also some good growth between Roarke and Eve on a working level. I really enjoyed this addition to the series. ( )
  StefanieGeeks | Dec 5, 2015 |

J. D. Robbprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

They were best friends, driven by one shared vision - to rule the world of virtual reality games. Cill, hard-edged and beautiful, Var and Benny, brains and business acumen, and Bart, the genius behind the idea. Their newest invention, developed to transport the player into a fantastical virtual world, is just about to be launched.

Bart Minnock, the founder of the computer-gaming giant U-Play, enters his private playroom, and eagerly can't wait to lose himself in an imaginary world, to play the role of a sword-wielding warrior king, in his company's latest top-secret project, Fantastical. The next morning, he is found in the same locked room, in a pool of blood, his head separated from his body, defeated by their own game. Their close-knit group is torn apart. Who could have engineered a virtual death with such devastating consequences?

It is the most puzzling case NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas has ever faced, and it is not a game... Eve is having as much trouble figuring out how Bart was murdered as who did the murdering. The victim's girlfriend seems sincerely grief-stricken, and his quirky-but-brilliant partners at U-Play appear equally shocked. No one seemed to have a probA-lem with the enthusiastic, high-spirited millionaire. Of course, success can attract jealousy, and gaming, like any business, has its fierce rivalries and dirty tricks-as Eve's husband, Roarke, one of U- Play's competitors, knows well. But Bart was not naive, and quite capable of fighting back in the real world as well as the virtual one.

Eve and her team are about to enter the next level of police work, in a world where fantasy is the ultimate seduction-and the price of defeat is death... But as she digs deeper, peeling back layers of secrets, revenge and misplaced allegiances, she realises with growing dread the depth of the killer's master plan. And she knows his game is far from over....
Bart Minnock, founder of the computer gaming giant U-Play, enters his private playroom, and eagerly can’t wait to lose himself in an imaginary world, to play the role of a sword-wielding warrior king, in his company’s latest top-secret project, Fantastical.
The next morning, he is found in the same locked room, in a pool of blood, his head separated from his body. It is the most puzzling case Eve Dallas has ever faced, and it is not a game.
Lt. Eve Dallas is having as much trouble figuring out how Bart Minnock was murdered as who did the murdering. The victim’s girlfriend seems sincerely grief-stricken, and his quirky-but-brilliant partners at U-Play appear shocked as well. No one seemed to have a problem with the enthusiastic, high-spirited millionaire of course, success can attract jealousy, and gaming, like any business, has its fierce rivalries and dirty tricks—as Eve’s husband, Roarke, one of U-Play’s competitors, knows well. But Minnock was not naïve, and he knew how to fight back in the real world as well as the virtual one.
Eve and her team are about to enter the next level of police work, in a world where fantasy is the ultimate seduction—and the price of defeat is death.
Crack another case with Eve Dallas.

NYPSD Lieutenant Eve Dallas is having as much trouble figuring out how Bart Minnock, founder of the computer-gaming giant U-Play, was murdered as who did the murdering in this mystery revolving around a fantasy game of ultimate seduction and death.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,807,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible