The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman

The Christmas Cookie Club (edition 2009)

by Ann Pearlman, Gabra Zackman (Reader)

Member:Ellens_ESO
Title:The Christmas Cookie Club
Authors:Ann Pearlman
Other authors:Gabra Zackman (Reader)
Info:Simon & Schuster Audio (2009), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Collections:E-Books
Tags:Fiction_General

The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman

English (21)  Dutch (2)  All (23)
The idea of the cookie club sounds like fun but ultimately it's stories about middle-aged ladies with problems. I found the party hostess way too Oprah-wise for me. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
made me want to get in the kitchen, do some baking and eat some cookies!! too many characters and too mushy for me!!! ( )
  amanaceerdh | Dec 9, 2013 |
Read this one in a single day. It was a quick and reasonably entertaining read. It's the story of 12 (mostly middle-aged) girlfriends who gather annually for a Christmas cookie exchange, and it tells each individual's tale, with all the triumph, failure, joy, and tragedy that accompanies life. Interspersed with the story are recipes for the cookies as well as little essays about certain common baking ingredients. The recipes and essays were the highlight of the book for me. I'm going to copy some of them before passing the book along.

This book has me thinking about starting my own cookie exchange. I have lost touch with a lot of friends and this would be a nice way of guaranteeing we would see each other at least once a year! ( )
  glade1 | Jul 22, 2013 |
Note to self: if Heather says don't bother, don't bother. I could have read a good and trashy holiday romance book instead and been perfectly happy! ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |
This is the story of 12 women and how their life intersect and change. The Cookie Club is a big part of them. It's something to look forward to and plan on. ( )
  Ellens_ESO | Dec 26, 2012 |
For my girlfriends
I am the head cookie bitch and this is my party.

This riveting debut novel follows the rich and complicated friendships among thirteen women who meet for a cookie exchange every year on the first Monday of December. Everyone has to bring a dish, a bottle of wine, and their stories. This year, the stories are especially important.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,826,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible