Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen Series (1)

English (310)  German (2)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (315)
Fallen by Lauren Kate was a pretty good book. I loved how the story began and I loved how the story ended but the middle left a bit to be desired. The main concept of the book was mystery, Ms. Kate used mystery to build up the plot, the characters, and everything about the book. During the middle of the book I reached a point when I thought "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". I just wanted to know what the heck was going on, and I got tired of trying to figure it out for most of the book. The ending was wonderful and the characters were equally as wonderful. I will of course look out for the next book, the epilogue made sure of that. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Definitely a teen girl's story: high schooler Lucinda Price has been sent to a strange reform boarding school after she survived a terrible accident, one in which a fellow classmate was killed. Inexplicably, her parents determine she needs to go to reform school, even though they live close by, and their "abandonment" adds to Luce's depression. Very quickly readers learn "Luce" is also haunted by shadows, menacing presences who appear without warning and frighten her. They've always been there - ever since she can remember. Her new classmates both baffle and attract her - and of course she quickly becomes attracted to two boys, who eventually fight over her. Through the prologue (a steamy love scene from an undisclosed 19th century mansion) and Luce's dreams, the reader is given so many hints about what's going on- she's actually stumbled into a metaphysical world of angels and demons- that it strains credulity how long it takes her to figure things out. Nevertheless, a mysterious fire in the library propels events forward enough for her to see who her real friends are, and what they are - helping her choose her true love, and the ones who are fighting against evil. Predictable, loaded with passionate:"his soft lips met hers and a heat rose up in her body" kind of love scenes, but otherwise mild (no descriptions of sexual act itself) and constant internal speculations by Luce -whose point of view is who we follow. Girl readers who like gothic romance will definitely enjoy this; others, Meh. ( )
  BDartnall | Nov 2, 2014 |
Have you ever read a book where you KNEW the writing wasn't spectacular and the characters and plot sometimes left a bit to be desired, and yet you loved it anyway? That's how I felt about Fallen. maybe I'll just consider it a guilty pleasure ( )
  zephyrsky | Sep 30, 2014 |
Here is the thing...authors please do not make us wait 400 pages to get to the last 100 or so to FINALLY give us something we want to read. This book was so slooooow for that long that several times I almost gave up. But I persisted because I wanted to know "why & what" was going on. Will I continue I dunno. It really was more a lesson in patience to read this one. I didn't really care for any of the characters and the whole "he loves me he loves me not" and the whole "if A doesn't love me maybe B will" just somehow didn't work for me. So I'm up in the air on whether I want to read the next installment. ( )
  justablondemoment | Sep 21, 2014 |

Review coming soon~ ( )
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:35 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,364,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible