Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen Series (1)

Recently added byprivate library, Jc.martinez23, Cat1978, mspoet569, benderca, Shazarah, lovelypenny, stephb6

English (331)  German (3)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (337)
This was can't-put-it-down good. I liked the paranormal twist, the backstory had a good mystery and I really found myself rooting for the heroine. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Ho hum!! This book was too 'Twilight-ish' for my liking, except instead of vampires this time we have angels (both good and bad). Can anyone explain to me why the human girls in these books have to be such weak, insipid, love-struck damsels in distress waiting for gorgeous paranormal guy to rescue them? It's an insult to teenage girls around the world. Ugh! Give me a strong, sassy female character any day. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
i have read many books in my life and few i enjoyed but this i remember being one of my favorites. its fantasy theme makes it easy to get into the book without knit-picking little things. the love story is captivating and draws you in. their love is one that has to be fought for and you become willing to do that.
not only is the love captivating but the action and drama that surrounds the couple keeps you on the edge. you don't know whats going on all the time but you don't need to. it ads to the mystery aspect and keeps you reading. i can happily say that i have enjoyed reading this book and enjoyed its predecessor.
  ddumaurier | Jan 22, 2016 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,201,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible