Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen Series (1)

English (321)  German (3)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (327)
some great some bad..started slow but loved the characters by the end. couldnt wait to get book 2 but its starting slow too...ugh not a fan of her writing style...but a fan of the storyline and character daniel. ( )
  Alwaysmidnight | Jun 16, 2015 |
I'm kind of torn on this book. I enjoyed the idea of the story itself: a dark, gothic romance. The setting was great: a crumbling old reform school in the Georgia swamps with Civil War cemetaries all around. The thing I couldn't really get into: The main character, Luce. She's a lot like Bella Swan, she's pretty much useless and she has no other interests other than her man. Okay, Luce likes to swim but that seems to be pretty much it. Boring, right? She's not particularly likeable or smart and she loves to blame herself for everything. I certainly don't understand why Luce and Daniel are so special that the fate of the friggin world depends on them. There were a few interesting characters, Gabbe, Arianne, Roland, Cam....they kept things from being completely logged down in boring, drippy teenage romance. And I really did like Kate's description of Luce's "shadows." They were really creepy and well-drawn. I'm planning on reading the next volume simply because I'm curious to learn more about them and this battle between the angels. I want to see what Kate will do with it. ( )
  Bookish.Heart | Jun 11, 2015 |
If I could give this book a negative rating, I would in a heart beat.

>This book made me what to bash my head into a wall.Repeatedly.

The opening drew me in, then the draw stopped about half way through the first chapter. It got really slow, boring, and stupid for the rest of the book. It made me want to scream.

I watch a lot of true crime, and there's a show called Deadly Devotion. The title says it all and Luce is the kind of girl that would perfectly fit right in. Take it, she's stalking Daniel, she's obsessed with him, she clings to him even thought he treats her like shit. See where I'm going with this. Yeah, in real life she would probably end up as a documentary piece for Investigation Discovery.

It took me three months to finish reading this book, Three Months. I normally have a book read in a day. I hate to say it, but because I love reading so much and it's not too often I read a bad book, but there was a lot of nothing in this book. The spots where there was some action, (which happened at the end of the book) was short, very stupid, and still made me want to gouge out my eyes. I believe at one point I threw the book across the room because I got so frustrated with the setup. I have the other books, but I can't make myself read them, but I paid for them :( .( I'm crying inside right now.)

This experience has made me learn a valuable lessen when choosing books,(well actually it made me listen to a pice of advice I got from a good friend) always read at least the first chapter of a book before buying it, if you're still not sure, wiki it. If I would have done that before I brain numbingly bought Fallen, I would've saved lots of money form books that made my IQ drop.

In all, this book should have never made it to the shelves of books stores anywhere. Waist of time and money.

I actually gave the books to my mom for kindling for her fire place. A prefect place for it, if do say so myself.

Daniel is an Fallen Angel, as are for some odd reason, his whole group of friends.

Happy Reading any book but this one.

Emily ( )
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
No-recomendado por Yvette

Me propongo leer de principio a fin libros considerados "malos". Mi intención es encontrar al menos UNA cualidad buena en ellos y reseñarlos objetivamente siguiendo 20 puntos a desarrollar brevemente. (Los puntos varían según el género del que se trate.)

Si tienen ganas de No-recomendarme otros libros
pueden comentar acá o ACÁ. ¡Cualquier género es bienvenido! Cuanto más variado, mejor :)

LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Great series. Nothing too violent. Easy reading and age appropriate. The series has some good twists and a suspenseful plot. The characters can be hard to keep straight and it is easier if the books are read back to back. I had a hard time remembering who is good and bad in between books. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | May 24, 2015 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:35 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,865,294 books! | Top bar: Always visible