Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen (1)

English (365)  German (3)  Dutch (2)  Japanese (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (372)
I found this book hard to get into at first, but then just as I was about to start skimming it, it got really good. If you like fantasy books of this type, it might be a good read for you... ( )
  LydiaGranda | Feb 15, 2019 |
I read the book a few months ago, writing is excellent, and some of the characters interested me.

But! And it's huge but ~

The book is too kitschy. It is too predictable, kitschy, sweet kitsch, dripping with kitsch.

Seriously? Did he give up an important role in a frenzy just for a girl? Ugh!

And the thing that every lifetime they meet again? Come on!

They don't even fit for God's sake!

In short, and this is my opinion alone - this could be an excellent book in another incarnation. ( )
  bookloverreview | Jan 15, 2019 |
Het orgineel van mijn review kan je vinden op mijn blog:

Fallen stond al een tijdje op mijn verlanglijstje om te lezen. Mede doordat mijn meiden die mij het boek aanraden.
Eindelijk heb ik er de tijd ervoor gevonden.
Ik ga niet zeggen dat het een waanzinnig boek is, er zijn boeken die me meer grepen. Maar ik ben blij dat ik het gelezen heb.

Het verhaal komt maar langzaam op gang. Wel werd mij de plot al snel duidelijk.
Gelukkig komt in de loop van het verhaal de vaart erin en door het open einde ben ik benieuwd naar deel 2 omdat nog lang niet alle vragen beantwoord zijn.

De drie hoofdpersonages Luce, Daniel en Cam ontplooien zich langzaam maar zeker. Al vind ik Luce een doetje.

De cover van het boek trok mijn aandacht, hij heeft een duistere kant.
Die duidelijk ook in het boek zit.

Ik hou van dit genre boeken, het leest lekker weg en ik kan dit boek zeker aanraden om te gaan lezen.
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
This story has wings!

The shadows have always followed Luce around ever since she can remember, but after speaking to her parents about it once, they sent her to numerous psychiatrists, certain she must be suffering from a mental illness. This does not bode well for Luce, always having to lie about the shadows, and thinking there is something wrong with her but never quite knowing what. This turns her into an angry teenager always getting into trouble. So much so, she ends up being sent away to a reform school called the Sword and Cross. Although she is not happy about it, and misses her best friend and pare
nts, things soon look up when she comes face to face with Daniel - the moody, secretive, untouchable boy who she swears she has met before. But Luce is hiding a few secrets of her own. Before coming to Sword and Cross she had a scholarship to a prestigious boarding school revoked when she was blamed for the accident that caused the death of her boyfriend, and it so traumatised her it led to the loss of her memory of the incident. Or so she is lead to believe.

Meanwhile, the alluring, yet equally mysterious bad boy, Cam, has set his sights on Luce causing her to feel torn between both him and Daniel. But of course it's Daniel she really wants and feels she has a connection with. So, with her new school friend's help she tries to find out more about him and is shocked at what she learns, not only about Daniel, but herself. The shadows are no figment of her imagination, and she has a past connection with Daniel that changes everything. Throughout her life, all her live
s in fact, Daniel has been her protector - her guardian angel. But that's not all, Luce finds herself in the middle of a war, and it's fight or flight time between good and evil. Will the dark, sad truth of her relationship with Daniel ever be revealed? One kiss is all it takes to change everything, but is it for the best?

Oh, what a lovely, Gothic love story, thriller and suspenseful read all rolled into one. The premise of a love that cannot be, may not be a new one, but with a flutter of fallen angels waging a war against each other, the story grows wings and takes on a new life of its own. I could not put it down. However, the ending did seem to lack something by leaving a key question unanswered. Yes, I know there's going to be a sequel and Lauren Kate wants to keep us hooked, and maybe I'm just being too impatient, but it did leave me feeling a little cheated at the end. Despite this, it wasn't enough to destroy my reading experience. I truly did enjoy discove
ring the secrets of Luce and Daniel's developing romance, and what she had unknowingly walked into that would change her life forevermore. ( )
  SassyBrit | Nov 27, 2018 |
I loved it from the start. Near the end, I started to like it a little less. Nothing terrible-it just got a little "classic teenage love drama" ish for me. I will still keep reading the series-its good. I was just a bit disappointed since it started off so strong! Hopefully the next one is good! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,513,259 books! | Top bar: Always visible