Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen Series (1)

English (300)  German (2)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (305)
A little bit too predictable and the characters were bland. I really loved Penn though, by far the best character in the book. ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
This book just didn't grab my attention. I won't be finishing it, nor reading other books in the series.
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
I will first talk about the good part about this book.The writing style of the author is pretty good.It's very refreshing and captivating.One can easily be drawn into the book.The descriptions of the surroundings and the school is well written,not boring like some books I have read recently.

And here ends the good part about it.

Now comes the long list of bad part.
I don't think I have ever read a book so predictable and without any suspense(well except for "New Moon" & "Eclipse") at all.Just finish the first chapter and voila,now you know 80% of the book without reading another single chapter.

Who couldn't guess that Luce and Daniel are the starcrossed lovers mentioned in the first chapter?

Luce will die if they fall in love.(Hints are in the 1st chapter)

Daniel is an angel.I could see it coming from miles away.When Luce figured that out at the very end I laughed out loud.Really?you figured that out now after having so many dreams about Daniel with wings?And there are hundreds of other clues as well to figure that out.

Who's the badass in the book?Wait,I know.It's Cam.Ta da,big surprise!Black shadows are hovering over Cam's head,brutally hitting people....need any more clues?

Even little Miss Sophia wasn't a surprise to me.Anyone could guess that she was not an ordinary,innocent librarian.

So with every big revelation came at the end,I was like "give me a break,I know that already".Give me the answers I really want to know like Why the two of them are doomed for loving each other?Why the good angels need her badly on their side?Why is this battle going on between the two sides of fallen angels?How could Luce fight back the shadows with her bare hands?And the answers weren't there.Not a single one.Throughout the whole book the author only talked about things readers already knew.You need the answers?Read the sequels.I just hate this kind of strategy.It's ok to leave part of the mystery unsolved for the sequel.But do you have to leave everything for the sequels?Then what's the point of this book really?

To be honest,I didn't hate this book.Some how the easy writing style captured me.But I can't say I love the book either when there is basically no plot,no suspense and no explanation at all in it. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:35 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,297,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible