Fallen by Lauren Kate

Title:Fallen
Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Ember (2010), Paperback, 496 pages

Fallen by Lauren Kate

English (344)  German (3)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (350)
Pretty good, I liked it, but it got kind of confusing in some parts. ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
The end of this book went somewhere I wasn't in the mood for. Too many flowery love confessions for me, thanks. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Good, but not great. I'll read the sequel, but this is probably not a series I would buy. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I am a hopeless romantic and the idea of lovers finding eachother over and over again just feels so right to me! And yet I just could not bring myself to love this book.
I simply found nothing likeable about the main protagonist Luce. The way she reacted to everything was so off putting and unrealistic. I understand she is drawn to Daniel in a way she cannot explain and that part of the whole story is this connection, but there has to be some grounding in reality for a story to work or I simply lose touch.
People die, and this girl is worried what her hair looks like and when she will get to kiss Daniel again...it's just completely over the top, and did not do anything to endear me to the story.
The author put in enough hidden clues and unanswered questions that I was definitely intrigued and curious until the end, and for the most part I felt the story was actually a good one. I just don't think it was written well at all.
In reality, why would all these immortal beings just be hanging out at some boarding school? Maybe the answer is in the next book, but mostly I think it's probably just an easy way to get all the characters together, which just feels lazy to me.
I wished I had cared more about the characters but with so little growth or development on any of their parts, I just didnt.
Overall I felt like it was an alright book with some promise, but not good enough to make me want to read the rest of the series. ( )
  Kiddboyblue | Jun 17, 2016 |
I stumbled across this book in 2010, and honestly it was the stunning cover that drew me in.
I was only 13 at the time, and wasn't really interested in sitting down and reading books much but this book sucked me in from chapter 1!

The characters are just phenomenal and the story line is very well written. Lauren Kate knows how to draw her readers in!

Fallen follows a girl named Luce who is blamed for a terrible crime and sent off to a sort of boarding school by her parents. While she is there, she meets this boy named Daniel. Daniel seems oddly familiar to her, and she has no idea why he absolutely hates her.
Book 1 basically follows Luce finding out who Daniel is and what happened to her in the past.

An absolutely stunning read that I'd recommend to anybody! ( )
  itsEliza23 | Jun 7, 2016 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,508,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible