Fallen by Lauren Kate

Title:Fallen
Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Ember (2010), Paperback, 496 pages

Fallen by Lauren Kate

English (346)  German (3)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  All (1)  All (352)
I'm teetering. I'm on the edge of feeling that this book was just "okay" versus admitting that quite possibly, this book was just crap parading as a book. I feel deceived. I've lost a little faith in the YA writing community because of this book which actually held a very interesting concept but was executed quite terribly. The author progressed the story VERY slowly and I wanted to scream "get on with it" no less than 75,000 times. Her writing was juvenile (even for a YA book, come on!) and amateurish at best. I felt like her tone talked down to her audience. Give your reader some credit. Just because you pulled of the successful deception of getting this rag published doesn't mean your audience lacks intelligence. I mean how on earth did this book manage to pull a 3.88 average rating?! The more I write about this the angrier I get. I feel betrayed by the person who loaned me this book.
Lauren Kate:
I spent a few hours getting through this book. Please give me those hours of my life back. It's the least you can do. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
Not the worst book i have ever read. Not the worst main character i have ever encountered. But i just didnt care for this book so much.... But it was a fast read. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
Ehh okay. ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
Pretty good, I liked it, but it got kind of confusing in some parts. ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,786,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible