Fallen by Lauren Kate

Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2009), Hardcover, 464 pages
Tags:Romance, Supernatural, Reform school, Reincarnation, Angels, YA

Fallen by Lauren Kate

English (323)  German (3)  Japanese (1)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (329)
It was a great topic, but it did not really suck me in. Not going on with this series. ( )
  LacyLK | Nov 21, 2015 |
Fallen by Lauren Kate was a pretty good book. I loved how the story began and I loved how the story ended but the middle left a bit to be desired. The main concept of the book was mystery, Ms. Kate used mystery to build up the plot, the characters, and everything about the book. During the middle of the book I reached a point when I thought "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". I just wanted to know what the heck was going on, and I got tired of trying to figure it out for most of the book. The ending was wonderful and the characters were equally as wonderful. I will of course look out for the next book, the epilogue made sure of that. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
An interesting start to a series by author Lauren Kate. Luce, or Lucinda, is sent off to reform school after a dark incident occurs involving the death of her boyfriend Trevor. She meets some very interesting characters and tries to fit in at this strange new school. An unexplainable attraction to a boy, Daniel, gives her confusing dreams and makes her feel closer to him than she should feel. Does she know him from somewhere or just think she does? She and a friend dig into his past and find inconclusive information. Just who is this Daniel Grigori and where did he come from? Meanwhile a dark and handsome boy named Cam is trying to win her over, making her confused about what she really wants. Luce has a past she is just beginning to find out about and it might be something she'd rather not know.
I enjoyed this book and look forward to the sequel, Torment, that just came out this year. I did however feel like the entire book left the reader confused about Luce's past and in the end you're still confused. Just another young adult paranormal fantasy, in my humble opinion. I enjoyed the author's voice and will continue the series but it didn't leave me as fascinated as other series have. ( )
  jaimelee77 | Jul 7, 2015 |
I'm part of the minority of readers who didn't love or hate this book. I liked it. Yup. Liked it. Will I be reading the sequel? Yes. I wanna know what happens. Despite all the things that irked me. I still couldn't put the book down. What does this tell me? I must not have hated it that bad. I was just annoyed at some bits.

Like what? Well, Lucinda (great name, by the way) she's kind of....weak. Emotionally weak, that is. She's also...immature. Emotionally immature, that is. For someone who has lived thousands of lives, I don't look forward to hearing how much worse she must've been in those past lives.

The parts I got annoyed were when she exhibited those weak and immature tendencies. Most of all, I just wanted to tell, STICK UP FOR YOURSELF. DAMNIT!! But you know what? It's ok. I forgive you Lauren Kate. Why? Well, because there actually are many teenagers who act just like Luce. Just because I happened to be a confident, capable, emotionally mature teen (wink wink) doesn't allow me to forget how stupid my peers were (some of them, at least).

Most of all, I liked the story. Yeah, of course it bothered me that as soon as another guy kissed her Daniel punched him in the face...showing classic dominant agusive tendencies. But later we learn that one is an angel and the other is the devil. So, I let that slide.

Yeah yeah...sue me. I like a good story. And, I really want to know what happens. Maybe now that Luce knows what's what-- she'll show more confidence and strength. Oh I hope so. Because this series could get downright awesome with some kick ass females. ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
some great some bad..started slow but loved the characters by the end. couldnt wait to get book 2 but its starting slow too...ugh not a fan of her writing style...but a fan of the storyline and character daniel. ( )
  Alwaysmidnight | Jun 16, 2015 |
Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.

Lauren Kateprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
But paradise is locked and bolted.... We must make a journey around the world to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. -- Heinrich von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"
For my family, with gratitude and love
Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape.
Some things are more important than love. You won’t understand, but you have to trust me.

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Suspected in the death of her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old Luce is sent to a Savannah, Georgia, reform school where she meets two intriguing boys and learns the truth about the strange shadows that have always haunted her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,883,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible