Der Klient. by John Grisham

Der Klient. (original 1993; edition 1997)

by John Grisham, John Grisham (Author)

Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Der Klient.
Authors:John Grisham
Other authors:John Grisham (Author)
Info:Heyne (1997), Taschenbuch, 538 pages

The Client by John Grisham (1993)

Recently added byrena75, nepalbert, RCrisp, bezzzzza, samanthamp21, SandyRizkallah, private library, JenMat
    Defending Jacob by William Landay (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: These legal thrillers are heavy hitters with emotional depth, developed characters, and frightening revelations. In both, the plot revolves around a young boy's involvement in a murder investigation and trial.
    My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (ShannonMDE)
    ShannonMDE: I think My Sister's Keeper had the feel of early John Grisham back when he wrote about people instead of corporations.

English (54)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (58)
I love lawyer books and John Grisham sure is one of the best at writing them. I surprised to see this book isn’t more highly rated on LibraryThing. I thought the story was interesting and kept my attention throughout. ( )
  mattstadtmueller | Jan 5, 2019 |
3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
I believe the beginning was the most exciting and most well written part. Large grain of salt needed to be taken with the characters, but generally a fun read. ( )
  amaraki | Apr 20, 2018 |
This is my first time reading a John Grisham novel and The Client did not dissappoint. The novel is a true thriller and epic page turner, for those like me who are new to John Grisham this book is a truley amazing and enjoyable read. ( )
  Emery_Demers | Oct 31, 2017 |
The Client is a taught thriller turner with great main characters in Mark, an 11 year old boy who witnessed a suicide, his lawyer Reggie and a juvie judge. The story kept me turning pages. ( )
  lewilliams | Dec 4, 2016 |

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

Is abridged in

For Ty and Shea
Mark was eleven and had been smoking off and on for two years, never trying to quit but being careful not to get hooked.

In a weedy lot on the outskirts of Memphis, two boys watch a shiny Lincoln pull up to the curb...

Eleven-year-old Mark Sway and his younger brother were sharing a forbidden cigarette when a chance encounter with a suicidal lawyer left Mark knowing a bloody and explosive secret: the whereabouts of the most sought-after dead body in America. Now Mark is caught between a legal system gone mad and a mob killer desperate to cover up his crime. And his only ally is a woman named Reggie Love, who has been a lawyer for all of four years. Prosecutors are willing to break all the rules to make Mark talk. The mob will stop at nothing to keep him quiet. And Reggie will do anything to protect her client -- even take a last, desperate gamble that could win Mark his freedom... or cost them both their lives.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385339089, Paperback)

With her sparkling voice and superb acting ability, Blair Brown gives an impressive reading of this John Grisham blockbuster. The story hinges on a young boy who gets an unwanted earful of murder, politics--and dangerous secrets about both--from a conscience-stricken mob lawyer bent on suicide. "I can tell you where the body is... the most notorious undiscovered corpse of our time." Just the kind of information most children don't need, especially when the snakeskin-wearing hit man finds out what he knows. Aside from musical cues scattered as superfluously as laugh tracks on a sitcom, the production quality is stellar, preserving the crispness of Blair's voice and the nuances of her excellent interpretation. (Running time: 6 hours, 4 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:33 -0400)

"Eleven-year-old Mark Sway and his younger brother were sharing a forbidden cigarette when a chance encounter with a suicidal lawyer left Mark knowing a bloody and explosive secret: the whereabouts of the most-sought-after dead body in America ... Prosecutors are willing to break all the rules to make Mark talk. The mob will stop at nothing to keep him quiet. And [his lawyer] will do anything to protect her client--even take a last, desperate gamble that could win Mark his freedom, or cost them both their lives"--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,577,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible