The Rainmaker by John Grisham

The Rainmaker (1995)

by John Grisham

English (40)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (42)
New lawyer handles big case
  kewlgeek | Jun 30, 2015 |
It's summer in Memphis. The sweat is sticking to Rudy Baylor's shirt and creditors are nipping at his heels. Once he had aspirations of breezing through law school and punching his ticket to the good life. Now he doesn't have a job or a prayer...except for one: an insurance dispute that leaves a family devastated and opens the door for a lawsuit, if Rudy can find a way to file it.

By the time Rudy gets to court, a... ( )
  Tutter | Mar 2, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
I enjoyed this Grisham novel about as much as any of his I've read. David versus Goliath in the courts. And written with good taste. I'm surprised Grisham was able to keep my interest with so many facts and figures and information on the court system. I didn't particularly care for the way the story ended ... but 9 out of 10 is still pretty great! What a great author. ( )
  repb | Dec 8, 2014 |
My Second Fave Author After James Patterson is of course, John Grisham! His books are absolutely amazing and they keep you on a going! ( )
  diananagy | May 20, 2014 |

John Grishamprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To American trial lawyers
My decision to become a lawyer was irrevocably sealed when I realized my father hated the legal profession.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385339607, Paperback)

The supple voice and deft narrative skills of Frank Muller are an excellent match for this tremendously popular courtroom thriller. With subtle vocal changes, accents, and thoughtful interpretation, Muller helps elevate the drama and suspense of this fascinating tale, which pits a small-time rookie lawyer against the power and influence of a corrupt insurance company. Muller's talent gives life to the entire cast: from apathetic law students to slippery corporate lawyers and heartbroken senior citizens. "It's simple... they're a bunch of crooks," exclaims the young lawyer's first clients, an elderly couple bitter over being swindled. "They think we're simple, ignorant trash with no money to fight 'em." Battling his instinct to agree, he sets out to defend their rightful claims and finds himself enmeshed in a suspenseful case of ruthless intimidation and deadly criminal behavior. (Running time: 17 hours, 12 cassettes) --George Laney

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:31 -0400)

In his final semester of law school, Rudy Baylor "finds himself taking on one of the most powerful, corrupt, and ruthless companies in America -- and exposing a complex, multibillion-dollar insurance scam."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,936,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible