Closed Circle by Robert Goddard

Closed Circle (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Robert Goddard, Samuel West (Reader)

219553,142 (3.62)5
Member:hoddybook
Title:Closed Circle
Authors:Robert Goddard
Other authors:Samuel West (Reader)
Info:HarperCollins (1994), Edition: Abridged edition, Audio Cassette
Collections:Audiobooks, Your library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:conspiracy, thriller, mystery, WWI, confidence trickster

Closed Circle by Robert Goddard (1994)

Recently added byMaudL, Blogletter, private library, fderby, boekl, TheRavenking, oharel, catya77, Nelly18

My fourth Goddard book. This one has a lot of the strengths typical of Goddard--fairly well written, compelling though flawed protagonist, intriguing setup--but the conspiracy at the heart of it is just too big and far-fetched; and much of the action is cliche cinematic. ( )
  ehines | Jun 24, 2012 |
I found this book bogged me down with too much detail which tended to slow the book down. ( )
  Dessss | Apr 14, 2009 |
Set in the early part of the 20th century, mainly on a ship, it features two con artists who try to scam a fortune out of a beautiful young heiress. They soon find themselves way out of their depth, suddenly in the middle of events they don't understand, a typical Goddard scenario. ( )
1 vote edwardsgt | Aug 4, 2007 |
My least favorite. Maybe I'll read it again. ( )
  picardyrose | Mar 2, 2007 |
First Robert Goddard novel I've read. Set in the early part of the 20th century, it features two con artists who try to scam a fortune out of a beautiful young heiress. They soon find themselves way out of their depth, suddenly in the middle of events they don't understand.

A really well read thriller, a true page turner and interesting storyline. ( )
  nakmeister | Aug 22, 2006 |
Chance had been our ally too often.
Letchworth on a Saturday night exuded its normal level of gaiety: approximately that of a Welsh village on the Sabbath. ... I had reached Letchworth, the bastion of temperance.

Targeting the beautiful daughter of a wealthy munitions dealer in the hopes of receiving a payoff from her father, scam artists Guy Horton and Max Wingate find their plan upset when Max really falls in love. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:48 -0400)

Two con men try to become engaged to an heiress, but when her father turns up dead one of the men becomes the prime suspect.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,530,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible