Lion's Heat (Breeds) by Lora Leigh

Lion's Heat (Breeds) (edition 2010)

by Lora Leigh

Member:SamanthaMarie
Title:Lion's Heat (Breeds)
Authors:Lora Leigh
Info:Berkley (2010), Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:2010, romance

Lion's Heat by Lora Leigh

"2.5 out of 5 stars, it was okay. I mean it's not the typical shifter books that I have read, so yes it was interesting but it didn't completely hold my interest. However..."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/08/disappointmentville-breeds-se... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Feb 21, 2019 |
I really liked Jonas' story. I like that there's another child involved before the mating like with Dash's story. I like how completely Rachel changes Jonas' outlook on life and how to responds to other people. The drama with Amber's father added some adrenaline to the story, while whatever Brandenmore did to Amber added some mystery and intrigue. I look forward to seeing Jonas and Rachel in future books, and can not WAIT to see who it is that Ely has mated! Though on that note, this is the first book where Ely truly made me angry. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Finally have Jonas with a mate and of course his mating heat is different than other Breeds. Rachel is pregnant when he meets her but he accepts her daughter as his own. Wonder who's story is next? Ely, Cassie, Erin or fast forward to Amber or David.

Disappointed that we didn't get more of a history than the tidbits on Jonas. Really didn't get to learn much about Rachel either. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I love Jonas!! I really wanted to love his mate but sadly found her lacking. She seemed a bit too gentle for the conniving breed. Overall an enjoyable read but not an absolute fav. I was hoping for a Jonas and Ellie match. ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I really love the character of Jonas, and I know that people hated this book, I can see where they're coming from. Jonas has a personality in the beginning and end of the book, but in the middle he's kind of blah. Also, people hate his mate, I can totally see that, I didn't hate her, but I didn't love, love her either. There were times where she was absolutely great, but there were other times where she was really annoying. The absolutely great outweighed the annoying in my view. It was rather the same as Jonas, she was great in the beginning and the end, but awful in the middle. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
For laughter, love and freedom.
Jonas Wyatt, Director of the Bureau of Breed Affairs, and a Lion Breed with secrets that could destroy him, stared at the door through which what was sure to be his greatest weakness had just stepped.

Jonas Wyatt takes responsibility for his personal assistant, Rachel, and her child when he discovers that Rachel is destined to become his mate, but he refuses to claim her until she loves him for who--and what--he is.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,539,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible