Are We Living in the End Times? by Tim…

Are We Living in the End Times? (1999)

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

I think that I would have enjoyed this book far more if I had been reading the updated version. The version that I read was from 1999. This means that it did not include 9/11 and also had predictions that have already past (they weren't specific predictions but they did mention that they thought it would occur by a certain time). It was very interesting and informative. I didn't finish it because I was having a hard time with some of the comments about everything in prophecy being so obvious. I don't think it is obvious or there wouldn't be so many prophecy scholars who are so torn about the knowledge. But it was interesting to see where their ideas come from and their Biblical basis for the ideas. It has prepared me to FINALLY start reading the Left Behind series. ( )
  adaynasmile | Oct 21, 2013 |
Every time I read a book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, I learn something new. Based on their best~selling Left Behind series, Are We Living in the End Times is a three~part book that examines today’s culture to determine if we are the generation who will see Christ’s return. The second part of the book takes a step~by~step look at what will happen to those who are left behind after the Rapture and the last section examines the personalities who will shape end time events.

After discussing what the Rapture means to and for Christians, the authors go on to explain in great detail the horrors those who’re left behind will suffer. This period, known as the tribulation, will be a seven year series of climate, economic and physical trials that will befall the unrepentant. The authors go to great extremes to explain that these trials aren’t meant as punishment but as a last ditch attempt by God to persuade them to come to the truth of His love before it’s too late.

While the book relies on the Left Behind series for jumping off points, I like that the authors use the Bible, the words of prophecy experts such as John Walvoord and examples from current events to support their theory that we are, in deed, living in the end times. Some of the events that they discuss that point to this being the end times are:

*apostasy within the church (think Chrislam)
*increased interest in the occult
*deaths from diseases thought to have been irradicated, famine and warfare

I’d recommend this book for anyone who has an interest in biblical prophecy or end times studies. Whether you’re new to the topic or have studied the subject extensively, I think you’ll find this book informative, thought~provoking and useful. And, hopefully, it will make you consider your relationship with the lord. ( )
  curiouschild | Oct 4, 2011 |

Tim LaHayeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jenkins, Jerry B.main authorall editionsconfirmed

It's a fact: 27 percent of the Bible is devoted to prophecy. But most of us don't focus 27 percent of our personal Bible study on prophecy. Why? We're confused. Or intimidated. Or both. This book takes away a lot of the mystery—and all of the intimidation. From the creators of the Left Behind series—Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins—comes a truly astonishing book. User-friendly for the layperson. Remarkably complete for the scholar.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:04 -0400)

Bestselling authors LaHaye and Jenkins examine the signs of the end times and present 20 reasons why they believe the current generation could see the Rapture. The authors lead readers through the basics of biblical prophecy and detail current events which support their views.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,367,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible