Have You Got My Purr? by Judy West

Have You Got My Purr? (1999)

by Judy West

Have You Got My Purr is a story about a kitten who is looking for her "purr". She goes all around the farm asking the animals if they have her purr which they say they do not until finally the owl tells the kitten that she should ask her mom. The kitten's mom told her daughter that no one had her purr but her.
The story was cute and well written. I enjoyed the whole thing from start to finish. The ending was predictable if you know anything about animals as only a cat can purr. The pictures were also well done and I enjoyed looking at them, especially the night-time pictures. ( )
  Remy_Ferrell | Sep 24, 2014 |
What a wonderful book to own for my personal collection! I am happy I purchased it. I believe that it will serve as a awesome tool for literacy. It teaches many different things all in one cute book such as, animal sounds, comprehension, and prediction (animals which come next appear on previous page). Also, the illustrations, by Tim Warnes, are colorful and very attractive to look at and the book more appealing. ( )
  klledet | Sep 6, 2012 |
A kitten wants to purr, but cannot seem to do it. She goes around asking every kind of animal she can find on the farm if they have her purr. Each animal tells the kitten to go ask another animal. Eventually, the kitten is directed to go to her mother because SHE has her purr. Confused, the kitten goes back to her mother, and her mother explains that a cat purrs when she is happy. The cats snuggled together, and finally the kitten made a loud and long purr.
I don't believe I could find a more adorable book for a mother to read to her child. My sister-in-law read this book to her daughter, and I fell in love with it!
This book could be read to my classroom of students during a lesson learning about farm animals. This book talks about several farm animals and discusses the noises they make. I could also have the students select any other animal in the world and act out the sound that this animal makes to the rest of the class.
1 vote merestreet123 | Jun 21, 2010 |
For Sarah and Benjamin - J.W. For George - T.W.
Kitten was sad.

Kitten has lost her purr. She is sure that one of the other farm animals has taken it. But each one she asks makes a very different noise. Dog woofs, Cow moos, and Pig oinks. By the end of the day, Kitten has heard every sound in the barnyard except the one she wants the most. Tired and discouraged, she returns to her mother. ANd as she cuddles close for a snug night's sleep, a very contented kitten discovers where her purr was hiding all along. Little listeners will delight in this noisy barnyard tour. They can join in as each familiar animal makes its distinctive sound, right up to the last, satisfying purr, purr. (0-7607-5980-4)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0439249473, Unknown Binding)

Kitten has lost her purr, and her mother cannot convince her that it will come back. The little cat sets off in search of her missing sound and stirs up a critter cacophony: Dog woofs, Cow moos, Duck quacks, Pig oinks, Sheep baas, Owl hoots, but no one makes the noise Kitten wants to hear most. Tired and discouraged, she returns to her mother. As she cuddles close for a snug night's sleep, a contented kitten discovers where her purr was hiding all along.

This short, lively story, filled with animal sounds, invites repeated reading and lots of listener participation. Little ones will quack, moo, and hoot right along, through the last satisfying purr, purr.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:49 -0400)

Little Kitten searches the farmyard for her purr and discovers what noises the other animals make at the same time.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,919,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible