Django by Bonnie Christensen

I have been around music my entire life and I'm often surprised when I hear about great musicians I am unaware of. I was definitely unaware of Django. I was very impressed to see that regardless of his illness and being down he had the courage to some day get back at it. Although, this may have been strange and uncomfortable for him he managed to make change and improve his life by playing with the other hand. I believe this is a good book for people to read who are put down by certain things like illnesses or any thing else. ( )
  JazHall123 | Jan 28, 2019 |
A story of triumph and perseverance Django is a beautifully illustrated book of famous guitarist Django Reinhardt. He grew up in Belgium as a Gypsy his family moved and traveled to many different European countries growing up. He lived a simple but highly musically inclined life that led him to the streets of Paris performing on corners. He eventually made a name for himself " Gypsy Genius" and was being offered big-time jobs by famous Jazz artists. It wasn't until a tragic fire that Django was faced with adversity. Bonnie Christensen tells a great story of true talent and overcoming obstacles. ( )
  AConverse | Jan 22, 2019 |
The pictures in this book really caught my eye. I think the illustrator did an amazing job capturing the words in the art. The colors popped to me; looked as though it was painted or sketched out. I just really was able to understand better with the art in this book and visualized the life Django had. I would recommend this book to any student willing to overcome big trials to succeed and continue with something they love. ( )
  Ashley.Miller | Nov 13, 2018 |
Written in a snazzy free verse poem style, this book follows the life of the legendary Django from a traveling gypsy boy to Carnegie Hall. The illustrations are cool sketched freeform that give another vibrancy to this biography. It would be great to set to read this book to a kid while playing one of Django's albums at the same time. ( )
  Thomasjfkb | Sep 21, 2018 |
The book is Django's biography because it was written based on his life. the book talked about the musical talent of the Django and his found and lost in his dreams as well as the fire accident he went through. the story was told in the form of poetry, and it has the rhyme. The book can be used in music class and literature class. ( )
  ShiYaoyu | Mar 18, 2018 |

Born into a travelling gypsy family, young Django Reinhardt taught himself guitar at an early age. He was soon acclaimed as the "Gypsy Genius" and "Prodigy Boy," but one day his world changed completely when a fire claimed the use of his fretting hand. Folks said Django would never play again, but with passion and perserverance he was soon setting the world's concert stages ablaze.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,532,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible