Kisser by Stuart Woods
Recently added byHsLbry6441BVDr, careshare, private library, mccbookdrive, rinilini, bangert5567, kopz, ClodaughP

Men's fantasy. Main character, Stone Barrington, hired to accompany actress in contract negotiations. Beds actress, assistant of employers, and on and on. Thin story line. Stopped part way thro. ( )
  Pmaurer | Apr 11, 2013 |
Not one of the best. Plot was thin and the sex was gratuitous. Really had no sympathy for the person in trouble and little for most of the other main characters. ( )
  DrLed | Mar 5, 2013 |
A better than average former cop, now attorney is given an assignment to protect a rising stage star from her ex-husband while he also must save the young daughter of a friend from the clutches of a greasy con man, sans painter. Stone hops from bed to bed as he protects and foils, slips around higher ups playing politics and finally wins the day without getting shot. Of course people he likes, do.

This was an entertaining read. Not deep, but perfect for the genre. I look forward to reading anoher of Stuart's Urban adventures. ( )
  DavidLErickson | Jan 6, 2013 |
Very enjoyable ! ( )
  LittleBookSnob | Feb 12, 2012 |
Okay, with this book Stuart Woods slid into the comedy genre. Excellent. He USED to a pretty decent thriller writer. I'm still not sure why his protagonist, an attorney, ends up tracking down missing persons or being hired to keep people safe from their Highly Dangerous and Obsessive Exes, but that's what he does. And for someone who has two houses, a secretary, a cook, a housekeeper, and an airplane, I'm not sure why his secretary is constantly harping on him that they don't have enough money to pay the bills. Dude, stop living beyond your means.

In the last book, the first sex scene was on page 11, so I was disappointed that I had to wait all the way until page 16 for the first sex scene in this one. I thought maybe Woods was finally learning some restraint in that department. But lo, was I ever wrong. In this book, Stone (the detective turned attorney) gets not one, but two, threesomes! Of course, neither of these are the woman he begins seeing at the beginning of the book - that would be Carrie.

Carrie is an actress and lip model who is newly divorced from Max. Depending on whose story you believe, either Carrie or Max is obsessive and violent. But since Stone is having sex with Carrie, of course he believes her. He puts her in touch with a security firm and they protect her from the Big, Bad Ex-Husband while Stone has lots and lots of sex with her.

In the meantime, Stone hears about the daughter of his boss' friend who is dating an Unsavory Guy who is probably into embezzling and drugs. Stone is hired to legally make the guy disappear from the daughter's life forever. Again, I have no idea why one would turn to an attorney for such a job, but whatever. Stone, in turn, devises this grandiose plan utilising the NYPD, the FBI, helicopters, and raw eggs (don't ask).

It most likely doesn't bode well that, at one point in the book, Stone scalded his tongue and throat on too-hot coffee and I guffawed with laughter. ( )
  minjung | Aug 28, 2010 |
“I used to enjoy sex,” Stone remarks, but “there are too many demands being made on me.” After reading Kisser’s non-stop throb of sex and action, I felt as limp and depressed as poor Stone.

This book is for Bob and Liz Woodward.
Elaine's, late.

Hoping to resume a quieter legal career after returning to New York from Key West, Stone Barrington crosses paths with a beautiful Broadway actress whose shady past places Stone and downtown police officer Dino Bacchetti in danger.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,343,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible