From Far Away, Volume 14 by Kyoko Hikawa

From Far Away, Volume 14 (2003)

by Kyoko Hikawa

Kyoko Hikawa's fourteen-volume fantasy manga epic comes to a thrilling conclusion in this final episode of the series, which sees Izark continuing his battle with Keimos, the citizens of Ennamarna refusing to surrender Noriko, and rising up to defend their city, and Noriko herself finding the World of Light, to which she is able to guide Izark. Joining him in spirit, Noriko adds her power to his, strengthening him in his final conflict with Rachef, and with the malignant spirit who has been the source of his rise to power...

Wow! I feel both happy and sad to be done with this series, which was my first foray into the world of manga. Many thanks to my goodreads friend Jeannette for being my tour guide in this new artistic and literary territory. Life is just a little stressful right now, and this romantic fantasy saga is just what the doctor ordered! I loved the characters, the story, and the artwork. This volume was a strong conclusion - I particularly liked that the door was left open for the villain to redeem himself. I also liked the conclusion, in which Noriko finds a way to communicate with her family back home. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 21, 2013 |
Although I loved the first half of this manga series I have to say I am really rather disappointed with the way it all ended. I think this is because the first half of the series dealt with Izark and Noriko almost exclusively (I am a 'shippy story lover LOL) but then the last half moved into more political manuverings, fight scenes and a host of characters I didn't really care about and couldn't keep track of.

Although this last volume was semi-satisfying and wrapped up the series nicely, I would have loved to have seen it end in a much more personal fashion instead of a feeling as though it was presented from a distant third person.

Certainly lovers of fantasy/adventure manga will love this series as a whole and I did enjoy it overall despite my disappointment. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Dec 26, 2007 |
Information from the Japanese Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142150541X, Paperback)

The End is here! The darkness that has pursued Noriko and her tortured warrior Izark descends full force as their corrupt enemies in the government stage a last coup. With Noriko bedridden, Izark must fight alone, but help may come from an unexpected source.

Still, even if they survive, the prophecy can no longer be avoided. The time of the Sky Demon has come--and no one is ready for the final revelation. Will Noriko truly be the death of her first and only love? Find out all the answers and much more in the incredible conclusion to this epic manga.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:26 -0400)

The darkness that has followed Noriko and Izark descends full force as their enemies in the government stage a coup. With Noriko bedridden, Izark must fight alone. Even if they survive, however, the prophecy can no longer be avoided. Will Noriko truly be the death of her first and only love?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,416,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible