The Siren by Kiera Cass

The Siren

by Kiera Cass

Kahlen is on a cruise with her family when they hear something outside, it was singing. They went outside, and had the sudden erge to jump into the water, and drown themselves, so they did. Right as Kahlen was about to die, she was saved by some girls, they told her that if she wanted to live, she would have to become one of them. so she did... She had to serve 100 years of killing people for the ocean. In those years she never aged, and it was impossible for her to get sick or hurt. After 80 years of living alone with the other girls, she meets a boy, Akinli. She falls in love with him, but knows that if the ocean found out, that she would kill him. So she kept it a secret.She keeps moving and trying to avoid him, but she just cant stop thinking about him.Once the ocean finds out though, she tells Kahlen that, unless she forgets about him, she will kill him or even her. After a few weeks though, she becomes very sick and so does Akinli. They realize that she is going to die, unless the ocean sets her free to be a normal person again. The ocean decides to set her free to save her. Once she is back with Akinli they both magically get better, and they live "happily ever after".

I really loved this book, because I could not put it down. I felt bad for Kahlen, and was mad at the ocean so many times, because I was so into it. When they both got sick, I thought for sure they would die, so I was very relieved when they didn't. ( )
  aivas.G1 | Mar 20, 2017 |
One of the best books in the world, it made me want to cry when I finished it. I'm not sure it is a perfect choice for boys, but for girls, this can easily become a favorite. With the tragic scenes it puts into your head, and the happy moments that make you smile. This book has showed me what a writer can do with beautiful and descriptive words. This book is one of a kind.

In this book by Kiera Cass, it shows how an eighteen year old girl is taken from her cruise boat and forced to work for the ocean, to use her voice to lure people into the water. Then how she stupidly falls in love with a regular boy and puts both of their lives in danger when she speaks to him. When the ocean agrees to let her live a normal life with the boy she fell in love with, her memory is wiped, and she is left at his doorstep, needing the help and love from the boy. ( )
  JuliaM.BG3 | Mar 13, 2017 |
Inspired by Little Mermaid in all the wrong ways-- Nothing admirable or even likable about the character and a lackluster love interest. The only thing I liked about it was that it was a quick read. Cass fans should stick with The Selection. ( )
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
This book was absolutely amazing!!! Beginning a fan of The Selection series this book was the same but different at the same time. Kiera Cass dose an amazing job. I recommended this book to middle school and above. It has action, romance, and drama.
The story starts off with Kahlen is on a boat with her family and suddenly hears Sirens. She owes 100 years to the Ocean. Her voice is deadly to humans. She travels all over the world with her 3 sisters. Then she meets a boy. He made her felt away she never felt before. She decides that it would be best to be separated. After one year and many adventures something horrible happens to Akinli and Kahlen. Will they be able to survive. Read the book to find out! ( )
  AnyaC.B4 | Jan 13, 2017 |
Beautiful, yet heartbreaking.

What a stunning novel. ( )
  KendraJ. | Dec 29, 2016 |

"'You must never do anything that might expose our secret. This means that, in general, you cannot form close bonds with humans. You can speak to us, and you can always commune with the Ocean, but you are deadly to humans. You are, essentially, a weapon. A very beautiful weapon. I won't lie to you, it can be a lonely existence, but once you are done, you get to live. All you have to give, for now, is obedience and time. . .' The same speech has been given hundreds of times to hundreds of beautiful girls who enter the sisterhood of sirens. Kahlen has lived by these rules for years now, patiently waiting for the life she can call her own. But when Akinli, a human, enters her world, she can't bring herself to live by the rules anymore. Suddenly the life she's been waiting for doesn't seem nearly as important as the one she's living now"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

149 wanted7 pay6 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,882,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible