The Siren by Kiera Cass

Authors:Kiera Cass
Info:iUniverse (2009), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 276 pages
Rating:*****

The Siren by Kiera Cass

This book was absolutely amazing!!! Beginning a fan of The Selection series this book was the same but different at the same time. Kiera Cass dose an amazing job. I recommended this book to middle school and above. It has action, romance, and drama.
The story starts off with Kahlen is on a boat with her family and suddenly hears Sirens. She owes 100 years to the Ocean. Her voice is deadly to humans. She travels all over the world with her 3 sisters. Then she meets a boy. He made her felt away she never felt before. She decides that it would be best to be separated. After one year and many adventures something horrible happens to Akinli and Kahlen. Will they be able to survive. Read the book to find out! ( )
  AnyaC.B4 | Jan 13, 2017 |
Beautiful, yet heartbreaking.

What a stunning novel. ( )
  KendraJ. | Dec 29, 2016 |
I LOVE Kiera Cass and I was so happy when I found out about this book. I was into it and, like all of her other books, I couldn't put it down. I wish I could give this book a 4.8 because of the way it ended. I was like "That's the end?"I really wish that there was a second book about her life after this book because the epilogue just made me mad. She was battling to see her love and then, when she finally got what she wanted, she forgot about him. I just really hope a novella following or something. I wasn't as please as I hoped I would be, but let's all be honest, nothing will top The Selection. ( )
  JennNM | Dec 5, 2016 |
I read the selection book, at least the first one, and wasn't blown away by it. However I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I like the fact that it was a twist on an old type a fairytale, and I loved the characters. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
NOPE. Can't do it. DNF. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |

"'You must never do anything that might expose our secret. This means that, in general, you cannot form close bonds with humans. You can speak to us, and you can always commune with the Ocean, but you are deadly to humans. You are, essentially, a weapon. A very beautiful weapon. I won't lie to you, it can be a lonely existence, but once you are done, you get to live. All you have to give, for now, is obedience and time. . .' The same speech has been given hundreds of times to hundreds of beautiful girls who enter the sisterhood of sirens. Kahlen has lived by these rules for years now, patiently waiting for the life she can call her own. But when Akinli, a human, enters her world, she can't bring herself to live by the rules anymore. Suddenly the life she's been waiting for doesn't seem nearly as important as the one she's living now"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

149 wanted6 pay5 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,492,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible