No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)

English (1,376)  Spanish (7)  German (5)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Romanian (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,409)
Maybe it's just the way I read it, but this one seemed a little rushed compared to the first book. Things just happened quite fast with less explanation and development than I would have liked. Fine story, though. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Jul 29, 2015 |
Couldn't put it down. Lots of nice parallels with book one but new twists. Kat does seem to grow a bit in the novel, but somewhat inferior to The Hunger Games. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
OH MAN. THIS BOOK IS AWESOME. So intense start to finish. I literally couldn't put it down. I really loved The Hunger Games, but this one is just so great too! I cannot wait to start the next one! ( )
  MermaidxLibrarian | Jul 16, 2015 |
The reader rejoins Katniss and Peeta in District 12 as they prepare to go on their “Victory Tour”. Healed of the physical wounds they both received during the Games that year they, however, cannot escape from the emotional scars and nightmares they both still endure. Travelling through the Districts they cannot help but see the faces of people not much different from those in their own district. In an unanticipated move of kindness during the tour Peeta sets the stage for the beginning of a new revolution. Now the Capitol needs to get its revenge and stem this revolution. As Katniss and Peeta are once again thrown into the Games arena the reader is left wondering which one will emerge … and how.

I found this book a little slower than the first and I was a little disappointed in the first part of this book. It describes the homecoming after the games, but as a recap done by Katniss and not as it was happening. I felt a little left out. Then after the surprise announcement about the 25-year interim games (was it really that much of a surprise?) it seemed a little like a fast-forward revisit of the first book. I was captivated again when the games started and things began to fall into place. I had strictly forbidden the people who recommended these books to me to give me any hints about what happens, so the ending really did catch my totally by surprise. I already have the third book open to the first page.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
I enjoyed this book immensely more than the first in the series. The development of the characters and the plot twists had me on the edge of my seat from the first page until the last. ( )
  LoriCrane | Jul 13, 2015 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

Set down your worries about a sophomore slump. Suzanne Collins has rekindled the crackling tension of her 2008 smash novel, "The Hunger Games." Once again, Katniss Everdeen must fight for her life.
added by stephmo | editPlain Dealer, Rollie Welch (Sep 6, 2009)

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,
and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 16.0
Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,499,706 books! | Top bar: Always visible