Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins

Series: The Hunger Games (2)

37,962165931 (4.19)1 / 940
By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.
Member:christine.meram
Title:Catching Fire
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:Paw Prints 2010-07-19 (2010), Unknown Binding
Rating:*****

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Morteana)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)

English (1,618)  Spanish (8)  German (6)  Italian (5)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Romanian (1)  Indonesian (1)  Finnish (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,654)
not quite as good as the hunger games but still thoroughly enjoyable... it is like season two so i should have expected that. would suggest reading this trilogy. ( )
  rickycatto | Sep 9, 2020 |
Catching Fire was even better the second time around. So much wheeling and dealing and game playing that I had forgotten had occurred during the third Quarter Quell! Off to re-read Mockingjay! ( )
  deslivres5 | Sep 1, 2020 |
This book was great! I liked this book more than the first one because it was easier to understand the characters, it was hard to put down, and the concept and plans were interesting. ( )
  InfiniteWolves | Aug 22, 2020 |
this was by far my favorite hunger games book. it's perfect, and we really get to see the characters develop. its not fair that president snow is so evil and reaped the tributes from the previous years' victors. i fell in love with finnick,(esp considering annie and his love for mags) but the ending absolutely broke my heart. ( )
  kkgautamm | Aug 19, 2020 |
Suzanne Collins keeps up the pacing and action in the second novel of the Hunger Games. The "pretend" romance between Katniss and Peeta is causing her much trouble, and she feels ambivalent towards Gale. To make matters worse, the new Hunger Games will be a match between former winners--another grueling ordeal. There are whispers of rebellion... The story just gets better and better. ( )
  Marse | Aug 18, 2020 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.

Katniss and Peeta
fight the odds once again, but
rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,934,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible