Die Tribute von Panem 2. Gefährliche Liebe…

Die Tribute von Panem 2. Gefährliche Liebe (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins, Hanna Hörl (Illustrator)

25,325134044 (4.24)1 / 856
Member:katharina263
Title:Die Tribute von Panem 2. Gefährliche Liebe
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Other authors:Hanna Hörl (Illustrator)
Info:Oetinger Friedrich GmbH (2010), Hardcover
Collections:EBook
Rating:*****

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (2009)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)

English (1,305)  Spanish (6)  German (4)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Romanian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,336)
This is one of the few books that made me stop reading just so I could say "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT", plus lots of swear words. But in the good way, if this is even possible. Truth is that there is no better way to say how amazing this book is. I had to try hard to stop reading it. It's just... amazing. Now THAT's a good way to tell a story.

I won't say anything about the story in this review and I'm glad I never read any summaries of this book before I decided to read it, because it would have spoiled all the fun. I'll just say that this books' pace is frenetic. Like The Hunger Games, it is quite easy to read and easy to understand. And there is just... so much going on. It's nearly impossible to put the book down. ( )
  aryadeschain | Aug 26, 2014 |
Initially when I started Catching Fire I wasn't as impressed with it as I was the Hunger Games. It was good, but not as gripping, and took me forever to get around to continue the book. After about the 40% mark, the plot finally started picking up and by the end I was once again hooked.

I was starting to think where the hell is this plot going to go, but once Quarter Quell thing was introduced, I was thinking, oh lord not again, its repeating the plot of the first one. But the more I read, the more twisty the plot became. The writing is top notch, and the characters are becoming more and more developed (and now I'm Team Peeta!!).

At the end of the first book I wasn't that fussed about starting the second one immediately. It was more the fact that the movie was going to be released while I was on holiday that got me to read it and finish it before release day tomorrow. But after that ending I'm so glad I've got the next one ready and waiting. ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
Not quite as good as the first, but still pretty good. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
I hoped this book would help make the end of the first more palatable. Instead, it made it worse. The premise of it seems based on what I hated about the end of the last book. If you're interested, read the end of my review here:
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
Now we're talking! Rebellion and unrest. Throwing fits about greed and pointing out how people are mistreated. If you have to have an underlying love triangle, well, I guess I can live with that.

There are still a few amateur bits. If I were reading it in workshop I would have used a big red pen on a few paragraphs that could have been better written. I'm also not so sure I like the way time passes in these books. Between two paragraphs an entire day can pass with barely a sentence to explain it. Literary whiplash.

Still, good book. Couldn't put it down. And what a way to end it. ( )
  KRaySaulis | Aug 13, 2014 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

Set down your worries about a sophomore slump. Suzanne Collins has rekindled the crackling tension of her 2008 smash novel, "The Hunger Games." Once again, Katniss Everdeen must fight for her life.
added by stephmo | editPlain Dealer, Rollie Welch (Sep 6, 2009)

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ramírez Tello, PilarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,
and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
Dál svírám v dlaních polní láhev, ačkoliv všechno teplo z čaje už dávno vyprchalo do mrazivého vzduchu. Svaly mi tuhnou chladem. Kdyby se teď objevila smečka divokých psů, těžko bych stihla vyšplhat na strom, než na mě zaútočí. Měla bych se zvednout, protáhnout se a rozhýbat si končetiny. Místo toho ale zůstávám sedět, stejně nehybná jako skála pode mnou. Lesní tmu zvolna projasňuje svítání. Se sluncem se nedá bojovat. Mohu pouze bezmocně sledovat, jak signalizuje příchod dne, jehož se už měsíce děsím.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:48 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,275,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible