Die Tribute von Panem 2: Gefährliche Liebe…

Die Tribute von Panem 2: Gefährliche Liebe (6 CDs) (edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins, Hanna Hörl (Illustrator), Maria Koschny (Sprecher), Sylke Hachmeister (Übersetzer), Peter Klöss (Übersetzer)

30,116153829 (4.22)1 / 914
Member:blackswan...
Title:Die Tribute von Panem 2: Gefährliche Liebe (6 CDs)
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Other authors:Hanna Hörl (Illustrator), Maria Koschny (Sprecher), Sylke Hachmeister (Übersetzer), Peter Klöss (Übersetzer)
Info:Oetinger (2010), Ausgabe: Gekürzte Audioversion., Audio CD
Collections:Hörbücher, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:2012, Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Recently added bydawinsor, Aidah, private library, BethyRoze, SJM18, tracey.hodges, amberwaide88, dmbkel41

English (1,502)  Spanish (8)  German (5)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  All (1)  Romanian (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All (1,536)
The second book in the Hunger Games series. Unfortunately to me it wasn't as enjoyable as the first one.

Peeta and Katniss are back home and their lives have changed a ton in the few months since they won their Hunger Games. They have hot water from a tap, big houses, are rich, etc. Of course, the Capitol is still pissed off by a couple of the things they did during the games and when they go on their victory to tour they don't really help their cause either.

Then the Quarter Quell comes up, which is a super special and different Hunger Games that happens every twenty-five years. And this time, Peeta and Katniss, manage to get pulled back into the arena and this one's a doosy.

During all this there's also uprising talk, and it seems as though the entire country of Panem is just a powder keg waiting to see if someone drops a match on it or not.

I think one of the reasons I didn't like this book quite as much as the first was that it was much more political. Much more tactical and chess like. Not to mention there was much more time for the romance plot lines, which are not my favorite parts.

I did like the further exploration of the question. What is or isn't in district thirteen. Does it exist, did it ever exist, or what? It was well done and there was just enough cliffhanger on that question (as well as some others). Collins does cliffhangers well, to keep me interested for the next book.

All in all a solid 3 star book, just more of a bridge book and not quite as as great as the first one. ( )
  DanieXJ | Dec 8, 2016 |
As Katniss goes home and tries to return to her normal life she begins to realize the consequences of her actions in the games.

She and Peeta are brought back into the Arena again.

Katniss isn't very smart when it comes to people.

I look forward to the next book. ( )
  nx74defiant | Dec 3, 2016 |
I read the second one too? ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
As simplistic as the writing is this is one of those books, much like the first one, that I just could NOT put down. I read this in one sitting and am left desperately wanting more. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
I can't wait for the next one. But it seemed like the author patially copied The Ugly Series. I loved it but I would have wanted to find out how that bowl went. I can't believe they blew up ________ __! I can't write what happened or it'd give it away. I loved this book! ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

Set down your worries about a sophomore slump. Suzanne Collins has rekindled the crackling tension of her 2008 smash novel, "The Hunger Games." Once again, Katniss Everdeen must fight for her life.
added by stephmo | editPlain Dealer, Rollie Welch (Sep 6, 2009)

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 16.0
Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,738,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible