Em Chamas by Suzanne Collins
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:
Rating:**

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (sarkisi_beyaz)
    Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (djlewis)
    The Giver by Lois Lowry (jessicastatzer)
    Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Fans of the Hunger Games might enjoy Marsden's tale of action, survival and growing up.
    Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (Awesomeness1)
    Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Anonymous user)
    Divergent by Veronica Roth (Morteana)
    The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman (cransell)

English (1,519)  Spanish (8)  German (7)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  All (1)  Romanian (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All (1,555)
I had a harder time getting through this novel than the previous volume, "The Hunger Games." I have no idea why, but I stopped reading it in the middle of the book. I took it up again yesterday and finished it at 6 AM this morning.

The problem that I seem to be having with these novels is that the pacing seems to be uneven. Kind of herky-jerky. It moves fast, then it slows down.

I don't know. I'm finding these novels fun to read on one level, on another level, I'll be happy when I'm finished with "The Mockingjay." ( )
  harrietbrown | Jun 24, 2017 |
She is so expert at the ups and downs! Amazing series! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
The perfect sequel to the perfect novel. This series just blew my mind. I fell in love instantly.

Sometimes I want to punch Katniss in the face. And Peeta just deserves a great big hug.

This novel starts the beginning of a war, and not just children on children. This is a full out war and Katniss is the poster child. Not by choice. Buy you know how crazy the government can be.

There's a whole slew of new characters. Some crazy. Some you just want to die and then they don't, and some that die before their time. I wont spoil anything, but my heart broke when that boy died. I was so angry at that stupid Gale.

I really don't like Gale. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
I actually finished the Hunger Games trilogy in one shot over the course of five days last week.

Loved the first book, the second one a little less and third one (I have to be honest here) I only stuck to because I wanted to see who Katniss ended up with. HAHAHA.

I am #TeamPeeta all the way, #shameless. ( )
  kephradyx | Jun 20, 2017 |
I didn't know what to expect after such a fantastic debut novel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The Hunger Games, of course, was so much better, but this novel surprised my expectations.
Katniss's actions in the arena seemed to have sparked a rebellion in several of the districts and now she has to persuade the nation that they were only the result of a passionate moment of a star-crossed lover. This means keeping up her act with Peeta in public, even if it means hurting both him and Gale. But after a turn of events Katniss finds herself the face of the rebellion and she has some choices to make. ( )
  serogers02 | Jun 10, 2017 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 16.0
Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,160,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible