Em Chamas by Suzanne Collins
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:
Rating:**

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

English (1,447)  Spanish (8)  German (5)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Romanian (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (1,481)
This was one of the most amazing books I have read. I thought it started out slow but it got better and better as the book went on and I didn't see the end coming at all! I can't wait to read the third book!
  Lisa_Boys | Feb 8, 2016 |
As soon as I got this book I read it in 1 day it was a great book and well written. ( )
  LaBla | Feb 6, 2016 |
SPOILERS!
Part 2 in the Hunger Games trilogy - once again I enjoyed this book, although it wasn't entirely unpredictable.
Katniss struggles after her success in the Hunger Games, to adjust to life back at home. The balance in her relationship with Gale is strained and how does she manager to maintain the fabricated romance surrounding her and Peeta.
President Snow is angered at her seeming rebellion and she finds herself back in the Hunger Games.

The idea of Panem rebelling aganist the Capitol is prominent in this book. So much so that when Katniss doesn't figure out what's going on, or questoins people's motives in helping her and Peeta during the games, it seems hard to believe that she can't figure it out!

Still enjoyable though. The games arena was clever and I still felt sympathetic to the characters. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
This book certainly lived up to all the hype!

I wasn't too keen on reading this book as it under the "dystopia" genre, and I generally am usually not impressed with those kind of books but The Hunger Games was completely different to what I was expecting.

The story is so absorbing it is literally impossible to put the book down, the only things I could possibly grumble about were the use of the mutt mutations of all the fallen tributes. !?! too far-fetched for my liking, and also Kat's complete unawareness and denial of Peeta's feelings towards her. That annoyed me.

Regardless, the description and story was AMAZING - and all the different characters were really developed and engaging. I can not wait to read the rest of the series!

Right, now to watch the movie adaptation! ( )
  4everfanatical | Feb 5, 2016 |
She's done it again!

This book was just as good as the first, the tension and plot development was fantastic! It really draws you in and holds you on the edge of your seat right to the bitter end!

I could not believe Katniss and Peeta had to go into the arena again I was not expecting that and made the book even more engaging and just brilliant!

I was really pleased that the tributes beat the arena in the end and the cliffhanger at the end of district 12 being completely destroyed made me want to read the last book of the trilogy even more!

All in all this book was AMAZING and I cannot wait to see how it is adapted to the big screen! ( )
  4everfanatical | Feb 5, 2016 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

Set down your worries about a sophomore slump. Suzanne Collins has rekindled the crackling tension of her 2008 smash novel, "The Hunger Games." Once again, Katniss Everdeen must fight for her life.
added by stephmo | editPlain Dealer, Rollie Welch (Sep 6, 2009)

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,
and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 16.0
Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,120,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible