Em Chamas by Suzanne Collins
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:
Rating:**

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

English (1,510)  Spanish (8)  German (5)  Italian (4)  French (4)  Dutch (3)  Catalan (3)  Hungarian (2)  All (1)  Romanian (1)  Finnish (1)  Indonesian (1)  Danish (1)  All (1,544)
Hunger Games Catching Fire is the second in the Hunger Games trilogy and it is even more intense than the last one. in this sequel, Katniss Everdeen is forced into the games again through the quarter quell along with the other hunger games victors. Meanwhile, a rebellion is brewing and the Capitol is starting to attack the districts. President Snow is threatening Katniss's family and friends,

I thought this was a great sequel. It is not just something obvious, it is something nobody expected.
And the main plot of the story doesn't go smoothly either. This has twists just like book one, and it is a great continuation.
  TristanB.B1 | Jan 18, 2017 |
This is the second book of the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I've read the first one before and in my opinion, the first book was better. I believe this book lacked suspense and action, two things I like in books. The author does a great job in portraying the characters. In addition, she uses descriptive words that make you imagine what it would look like and it makes you feel as if you were part of the book.
  Dezmondd00 | Jan 18, 2017 |
Though there is a sense of redundancy, it is fleeting thanks to Suzanne's Collins signature fast-pacing and intrigue. ( )
  Birdo82 | Jan 16, 2017 |
Even though I LOVED the first book, I must say I found this one quite boring until I reached about 70% of it. After that it got better, but unfortunately, nothing like the first one. Besides, Katniss is quite unnerving, there's some things you can't believe she doesn't get right away, when she herself talked about them in the first book.

The good news is, I'm already reading the third one and I'm loving it so far ;) ( )
  Danyspike | Jan 13, 2017 |
The first book was more absorbing in my perspective with the first look of the Hunger Games. However, Catching Fire is also interesting as winners fight other winners. There are many unique characters with their own personalities and well-known traits. Nonetheless, the novel is very captivating with many action-packed scenes. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy books with action at every turn. ( )
  justinl1389 | Jan 5, 2017 |
Collins has done that rare thing. She has written a sequel that improves upon the first book. As a reader, I felt excited and even hopeful: could it be that this series and its characters were actually going somewhere?

Set down your worries about a sophomore slump. Suzanne Collins has rekindled the crackling tension of her 2008 smash novel, "The Hunger Games." Once again, Katniss Everdeen must fight for her life.
added by stephmo | editPlain Dealer, Rollie Welch (Sep 6, 2009)

The author describes her wearing a series of Cher-worthy costumes in which she confronts poisonous mists, deranged monkeys, and a flock of ''candy pink'' birds equipped with long beaks used to skewer human necks. Great stuff, this. Unfortunately, such startling apparitions too quickly appear and disappear, baubles randomly affixed to a story that's been stretched to gossamer thinness.

Collins, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my parents,
Jane and Michael Collins,

and my parents-in-law,
Dixie and Charles Pryor
I clasp the flask between my hands, even though the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.
As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.
SPARKS ARE IGNITING.
FLAMES ARE SPREADING.
AND THE CAPITOL WANTS REVENGE.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol — a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 16.0
Katniss and Peeta
Fight the odds once again, but
Rebellion's afoot.
(passion4reading)

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:14 -0400)

By winning the annual Hunger Games, District 12 tributes Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark have secured a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families, but because they won by defying the rules, they unwittingly become the faces of an impending rebellion.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,658,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible