Another Monster at the End of This Book by…

Another Monster at the End of This Book (1996)

by Jon Stone

I love Grover and to add Elmo to a wonderful story for children makes it that much better. The quality of the interaction and animations in this book make children and adults laugh out loud. Lesson ideas - this book would be a great activity to do with students when talking about prediction in a story, and worrying about the unknown could also be introduced. This would make a great center activity as well.
  PolyDrive | Feb 14, 2015 |
This book stars two Sesame Street favorites: Elmo and Grover. All throughout the story, Little Elmo wants to find the monster at the end of the book, and Mister Grover tries to convince him to not turn the page. Mister Grover comes up with all kinds of ways to keep Little Elmo from turning the page, but he is not successful. This story would work well with small children. It would excite them to turn the page. The tension in the story could possibly build up and scare them. If I was teaching younger grades, I would put this book in my classroom library, but I would most likely not use it in a lesson.
  alyssanelson | Jan 26, 2013 |
"Another Monster at the End of This Book" is a book where Grover is afraid of the monster at the end of the book, and Elmo who is not afraid keeps turning pages. Grover tries many ways to prevent Elmo from turning the pages, but he always finds a way. In the end, the monster ends up being Grover and Elmo. There is no other monster at the end of the book.

The first time I read this book with my kids I hated it. The more I read it, the more I like it. My kids always squeal with delight before you turn the last page and find there is no monster.

Before I read this book to my class, I would have my class draw a picture of what they thought the monster at the end of the book would look like. I would tell them that we would compare them. I would think they would be pleasantly suprised to realize there is no monster. ( )
  mrs.mackey | Sep 21, 2008 |
Elmo, I am NOT going to the end of this book if there is a monster there!

In this vibrantly illustrated sequel to the much-loved The Monster at the End of This Book, Grover, now accompanied by Elmo, has heard that there’s something lurking on the last page of the book. Grover invents all sorts of hilarious ways to stop the reader from turning the pages. But Elmo is curious, and he slips by every wacky barrier in his quest to see what he might find.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:04 -0400)

Grover worries on every page about getting closer to the monster at the end of the book, while Elmo can't wait to get there and see it.

13 wanted1 free

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,889,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible