Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton

Snuggle Puppy (2003)

by Sandra Boynton

My daughter is 3 months old and she LOVES Snuggle Puppy! We've just started reading time as a part of her bedtime routine and this book holds her attention more than any other. You can tell she likes the song and is captivated by the images. As many other reviewers have said, it's fun to make up your own tune to the song. ( )
  megmo07 | Sep 27, 2013 |
I love, love, love this board book! Which is appropriate, since the story is all about love; how much we love our fuzzy little snuggle puppies. I have such a good time whenever I read this to my daughters. They are snuggle puppies and I feel like the words are flowing right from my heart, rather than a book. The illustrations are typical Boynton style: animals, bright and cartoony, but these pictures feature a lot of hugs and kisses. Boynton's books always have a lyrical quality that makes them sound song-like, but this one is an actual song. A love song, from a parent to a child. My oldest girl particularly loves the "Ooooo, snuggle puppy of mine" refrain, and will sing the "ooo" line by herself (which is adorable). We bought our copy as an over-sized edition from Costco, and what a bargain it has been. This is possibly my favorite title from a talented author. ( )
1 vote nmhale | Jun 18, 2011 |
This book is a cute, poem slash song that you could read and sing to a young child. It features a mommy dog explaining just how much a mommy loves her baby. the pictures are just as cutesy as the words, they are drawn in the trademark boynton style.

i love this book because the reaction i get out of my daughter is priceless. she giggles, and dances when i sing the words as a song. i really enjoy reading it to her.

in a classroom environment, this book would be perfect for discussing family in a younger grade such as pre-k or kindergarten. they could do simple hand or rocking movements to get them going. ( )
1 vote creeh | Aug 31, 2009 |
large board book plus cd with the song! ( )
  angellreads | Oct 23, 2008 |
We love to read this book and act it out with all the BIG KISSES AND HUGS AND SNUGGLES in the appropriate spots.

Well. The nieces also love to run away :) ( )
  conuly | Jun 24, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0761130675, Board book)

A great big hug in book form, Snuggle Puppy is a year-round valentine from parent to child. It is bright, chunky, a pleasure to hold, and has a die-cut cover that reveals a glimpse of the joy inside before it's even opened. Best of all, it's packed, of course, with pure Boynton: her inimitable language, her inimitable illustrations, her inimitable sense of fun.

OOO, Snuggle Puppy of mine! Everything about you is especially fine. I love what you are. I love what you do. Fuzzy little Snuggle Puppy, I love you. Featuring a sweet and cuddly doggie cast and rhyming verse, Snuggle Puppy is the perfect bedtime book to read last, because of an ending that kids will want again and again: I started with OOO. . . . Now we'll end like this: [BIG SMOOCH!]

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:40 -0400)

Snuggle Puppy's parent expresses love for his fuzzy little one through a kind of song that includes kisses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,666,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible