Ghost by John Ringo
Recently added bynielsnej, EdBramblett, Vokie, Solf, gecizzle, private library, KLBrooks, stancliff, mikal, randys_bookbuzz

Some stupid, hormone-infused teenager must have written this book. Because that's the only way I can explain all the hot naked chicks in this story. Why'd they have to be naked? I mean yes, of course I want them to be naked. But is there really any reason for them to be naked? Not really.

This book tells the story of some fucked-up terrorist organization that kidnaps several hot college chicks. They strip the girls naked, and chain them to a few rows of benches in a hot, sweaty room.

The terrorists make a video, showing the hot chained up girls. Telling the United States government to go fuck themselves. "We gots all yer womens, motherfuckers. Suck a dick! Yeah! Fuck America!"

Enter Michael 'The Ghost' Harmon. He's a retired special forces guy, who gets his nickname 'The Ghost' because he's a sneaky motherfucker. You'll never see him coming.

Ghost witnesses one of the kidnappings, and trails the van all the way to the terrorist hideout. He hangs out in the vents of the warehouse, biding his time, just like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. "So this is what a TV dinner feels like..."

It's the Ghost against probably 50 or more bad guys. He takes them out one by one. Saves the naked girls, and gets a sloppy blowjob for a reward.

It's a very simple story. Not very much depth to it. Like I said, It's like a fucking pimpled-faced teenager wrote it. It's just trashy fun, with no substance. And I loved it. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
Trigger warning, I suppose.

This like a Tom Clancy book, but with weirder sex, much of it non-consensual. Also, not as well thought through or as well researched or as believable. I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

http://www.stillhq.com/book/John_Ringo/Ghost.html ( )
  mikal | Dec 14, 2014 |
Who is Mike Harmon you ask?

Navy Seal? Check
Bad Ass? Definitely
Killer? Only if you look at him wrong (or maybe he is having an off day)
Rapist Fantasies? Right there in the first chapter
Sexual Deviant? I wish I didn't know
More then you want to know? Same here...
Another Ghost novel? Not even if you paid me

This is a disturbing, unredeemable piece of trash that I wouldn't even wish on Mike Harmon (well maybe him)!!! ( )
1 vote ConalO | Sep 21, 2014 |
Oh John Ringo No on Live journal is the best review for this book and the rest of the seres but I love them even as my brain melts with the improbablity of it :) ( )
  moglwi | Apr 22, 2009 |

"Former SEAL Mike Harmon, team name "Ghost", was, apparently, an unassuming college student. Discharged with partial disabilities, he was having enough troubles passing classes and fitting in on a very liberal college campus; he didn't need any more. But when he observed the kidnapping of a coed, it was time for others to be troubled." "Because underneath his usually placid exterior, Mike Harmon, Ghost, was a bundle of barely controlled fury. Highly motivated, highly trained fury. And when terrorists gave him the opportunity, he became ... himself." "A series of at the time rational decisions led him, via a series of tortured terrorist bodies, to a facility in Syria, a "logistics warehouse" called Aleppo Four. And in the dank basements of that "warehouse" the true, horrible nature of the kidnappers plans were revealed: if the Great Satan would not withdraw over the deaths of aid workers and soldiers, then let them see what could happen to their lovely daughters.""The only fly in the ointment being one banged up former SEAL." "Now Ghost is as free to do his will as the wolf running beneath the moon. Freed of military regulations, freed of military justice. And morals and ethics were never his strong suit." "Sometimes it takes a very bad man to do a good job."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

1 free

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,300,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible