Tempted: A House of Night Novel (House of…

Tempted: A House of Night Novel (House of Night Novels) (edition 2011)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:ERose207
Title:Tempted: A House of Night Novel (House of Night Novels)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2011), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***

Tempted by P. C. Cast

Recently added byJPMichaels, Craigmount, private library, jbeautyx32005, mlight620, eloquinn, hollz256, Disemvowels

English (80)  German (3)  All languages (83)
The first half of the book was a bit of a slow burn, recapping and building for what was to come later. It felt like it wasn't really going anywhere for quite a while, which made it hard to engage with. As with the other parts, there's a lot of action towards the end. By the last page, some major developments have occurred. Although one very big change happens at the end, overall it doesn't feel like much of the story-line has been resolved. This has some key parts of the series in it, but as a book it lacks its own particular story and is more of a bridge. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jun 20, 2018 |
Why am I compelled to keep reading this series? It is painful to read and not in the poetic sense of the word. ( )
  sweetfe | Jun 6, 2018 |
So many ups and downs!! :-O
Just WOW!! :-O

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Mar 8, 2018 |
It was obvious in [b:Hunted|4134071|Hunted (House of Night, #5)|P.C. Cast|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1395708543s/4134071.jpg|4181277] that this series was losing whatever it was that had me excited. Before reading this, the last time I dragged myself through a book just to finish it was New Moon. And I said the same thing after reading Hunted that I said after reading Twilight: It can't get worse. Yeah...

Also, bull poopy? What the hell was everyone involved with these books thinking? ( )
  ZoeWashburne | Feb 16, 2018 |
This was the last House of Night book I read before giving up. There are just so many, and the plot had gotten way too complicated for me to dedicate that much time to untangling it. I had other books to read. Also, I was really sick and tired of Heath. There were so many better other options for Zoey. ( )
  erinla | Oct 31, 2017 |
Like the best teen dramas, Tempted's issues are relatable... But [the Casts] philosophizing goes on a bit too long, putting readers in a holding pattern even when Zoey and her gang are on the move. It's only when they reach the killer cliffhanger that you'll accuse them of moving too swiftly.

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kristin and I would like to dedicate this book to our fabulous editor, Jennifer Weis, who is a pleasure to work with and who makes rewriting bearable. We heart you, Jen!
The night sky over Tulsa was alight with a magical crescent moon.

So…you’d think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark’s life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break.  Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang.  Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions.  Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings.  Aphrodite’s visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal.  Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn’t go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her.  Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?  Find out in the next spectacular installment in the House of Night Series, Tempted

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:44 -0400)

Zoey Redbird, High Priestess-in-training, finds herself juggling three guys--one of which is so into protecting her that he can sense her emotions. Meanwhile the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and only Zoey has the power to stop the evil immortal Kalona who is behind it. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,291,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible