Burn by Ted Dekker

Burn

by Ted Dekker

Ted Dekker is known for unpredictable twists, and this book is no exception. The plot revolves around a young woman and her struggle over whether good or evil will seize her heart. The depiction of evil people as self-centered is true to life and chilling. Yet the book, as all of Dekker's books, leaves ample room for grace. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  mpotts | Sep 20, 2018 |
I honestly didn't really like the book. I've seen better from Ted, however, it hasn't made my opinion change any of Ted Dekkers obvious ability to write amazing work. ( )
  Phoebestone97 | Jun 30, 2016 |
I struggled to identify or sympathize with most of the characters in the book, but it passed the time on the train without too much mental strain. ( )
  ylferif | Jul 20, 2013 |
I picked up this book because my niece likes Ted Dekker books and I was curious to see what he was like. This book kept you reading. I wasn't a big fan of Janeal and was a bit confused about her also being in Lexie. I didn't care for Lexie as a teen but liked "her" as an adult. There were certainly enough plot twists and an ending I didn't expect. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jul 25, 2012 |
An action-packed story full of mystery that kept me on my toes. My only complaint was that it took me a bit to get into the story because I found the protagonist difficult to connect with and was frustrated by her choices. Despite this, it kept my attention. Midway through, a typical Dekker twist gave the payback I needed to consider this book a win.

I can say without a doubt that I am a fan of the Dekker/Healy combined efforts. Kiss is one of my favorite books and Burn, while not surpassing its predecessor, was a close second. As most of Dekker's books do, Burn tackles tough questions. Specifically, it explores the idea of regret and handling mistakes of the past. Everyone is given a choice, and though we can't change the past, we can decide how it will effect our futures.

This was another book that made me say, "I love Ted Dekker." ( )
  beccajcampbell | May 3, 2012 |

Gypsy Janeal Mikkado is in an explosive situation. When her "kumpania" is attacked and her friend is about to be burned to death, Janeal chooses to disappear with the million dollars she discovered. Now the person she thought was dead is back. Will Janeal face her past or be consumed by flames of guilt and fear?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,623,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible