The Darkest Prison by Gena Showalter

The Darkest Prison

by Gena Showalter

191561,769 (3.92)4

Quick, sexy and cute in the end. Gret hook for the LOTU series. ( )
  msralways | Feb 3, 2015 |
I guess now we know Atlas and Nike. Cute filler for the series. Onto Sabin's story. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
A story thrown in for what purpose? The characters here aren't mentioned elsewhere in the series so far, they don't further the overall story, and they aren't that interesting. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/05/book-review-darkest-prison-lords-of....

Lords of the Underworld is one of my favorite PNR series. When I started it, I did not know about the short novellas between some of the books. The Darkest Prison is the first novella right after Reyes and Danika's story in The Darkest Pleasure (they have a cameo at the very beginning actually). The book follows Atlas and Nike, god and goddess of Strength. The way it starts really has you questioning the romance between these two. I honestly thought I read the synopsis wrong because they did not like each other at all.

We find out very quickly that Atlas is quite the ass. I did not like him because he basically acted like a scorned frat boy. Nike hates him because he used her and threw aside like trash. But Atlas finds that once Nike is in a cage with her ex-fiance, they both try to one up the other even though Atlas says he doesn't even find Nike attractive.

I love seeing how their hate for each other developed into something past lust. They both stopped being stubborn and/or forget the past and saw they were the perfect match. I especially loved how Atlas changed his views of Nike and didn't treat her like the prisoner he kept her as. Even though it might get him in trouble with Cronus who doesn't care at all for his Greek prisoners (duh). Not to mention that ending. It really put a smile on my face. Nike puts the bad in badass.

Nonetheless, this was a fun and sexy short read. It can be read without reading the main books in the series, but I wouldn't recommend that. This series is too good to read halfway and you will be missing out on some amazing and very gorgeous men. So high recommendation for LOTU fans and newbies alike. ( )
  harleyquinn0887 | May 11, 2012 |
Spending some much time trying to escape his prison, the Titan God of Strength Atlas was prepared to do anything, even seducing several of his jailors, including the Greek Goddess of Strength, Nike. After the Titans were freed and in turned imprisoned the Greek Gods, Titan found his mind returning to the one Goddess that had marked him with her own name, as punishment for seducing others as well as herself. Now with the hopes of getting her out of his thoughts for good, he turned her own action on her, he marked her with his name.

A mini - story in between the Lords of the Underworld, gives a little more insight into Cronus and his world. The banter between Atlas and Nike is great, the additional information about Sienna is fabulous and gives hope for Paris’s (Keeper of Promiscuity) story to be told after all. As with most of the Lords (even though this isn‘t about one of the Lords), this one got me caught up in the story and gave us more great characters to add to the list of Gods to watch for in the coming stories. ( )
  onyx95 | Sep 23, 2009 |

Off of Amazon.com -
Editorial Reviews:
Product Description -
Passion and danger collide in this brand-new, eBook exclusive Lords of the Underworld adventure!

"One of the premier authors of paranormal romance." -- New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole

"Once, Atlas, the Titan god of Strength, was the Greek goddess Nike's slave. Now, he is her master. And soon these sworn enemies destined to destroy one another will be forced to risk everything for a chance at love..."--From Content Reserve screen.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,435,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible