Something About You by Julie James

Something About You

by Julie James (Author)

Series: FBI / US Attorney Series (Book 1)

Recently added byprivate library, tennwisc, atcolorado, booboobad, Kate.Good, fiaerfly, vrullan, Mommy.Reads.What

English (44)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (45)
This was a really good contemporary romance. I loved the dialog, the heroine was smart, the hero was amazing. Very highly recommend. ( )
  bonreads | Jun 11, 2014 |
Predictable as a cold day in January, but fun of its kind. I'd cast Richard Armitage as Jack (if he can do an American accen?t) and maybe Amy Adams as Cameron.
  rmaitzen | Feb 7, 2014 |
I love Julie James and this was no exception. I read this series out of order and it really didn't matter, which is impressive, I think. The story line wasn't as original as the other two in the series, but the dialogue and characters were still top-notch, in true Julie James style. A keeper! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
I think I did this book a disservice by listening instead of reading. I don't generally like to listen to romance but thought I'd try again, nope, still don't like it. Maybe I'm a secret prude but I mostly listen during my commute and having a sex scene coming out of my speakers while stuck in traffic just seemed kind of skeevy. Reading aloud is also much slower than reading so I felt like this book really needed to get a move on. I would never take nearly two weeks to read a romance.

There was some really fun dialogue and nice witty exchanges between Cam & Jack. I liked them both and their internal monologue was fun as well. I thought there was one giant plot hole in the end. Seriously, the head of security for a US Senator gets arrested for killing a prostitute that the senator was boffing, on tape mind you, and the senator is around and still in power at the end to promote Cam? I'd maybe even take him still in his job but he'd certainly be under fire to resign and make his insincere public apologies like the rest of them.

There was enough good here that I'll certainly try another Julie James. But next time I'll read it instead of listening. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
Romance was predictable, but that's why I read romance so I'm not holding that against it. The thriller/mystery part was actually much better than I expected, and, apart from a few repetitive 'of all the the hotels/rooms/bars in the world, she had to walk into this one'-type lines, I thought the writing was better than average for both genres. (Oh, except for the highly unnecessary exclamation points in some of the dialogue. But I'm ignoring them.)

I'm also giving some bonus points for a cover that actually reflects a scene in the book - imagine that! Plus, no half-nakedness on the cover. (I've decided a bare-back dress doesn't count.)

Will definitely be seeking out more from this author. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Oct 28, 2013 |

James, JulieAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ardilly, CécileTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thirty thousand hotel rooms in the city of Chicago, and Cameron Lynde managed to find the one next door to a couple having a sex marathon.

Staying overnight in a luxury hotel, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde overhears a high-profile murder involving a U.S. Senator. Special Agent Jack Pallas is assigned to the investigation-the same Jack Pallas who still blames her for nearly ruining his career three years ago. Now the pair will have to put their rocky past behind them, focus on the case at hand-and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.

Staying overnight in a luxury hotel, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde overhears a high-profile murder involving a U.S. Senator. Special Agent Jack Pallas is assigned to the investigation--the same Jack Pallas who still blames her for nearly ruining his career three years ago. Now the pair will have to put their rocky past behind them, focus on the case at hand--and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,494,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible