The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry

The Dragon Factory (edition 2010)

by Jonathan Maberry

Member:rrasho24
Title:The Dragon Factory
Authors:Jonathan Maberry
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 496 pages

The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry

This one might break you heart. Maberry is just cruel.

All of the Joe Ledger books are an odd but compelling mashup of military thriller and science fiction horror. Maberry writes a lot of detail, a lot of emotion, and a lot of action. ( )
  lesmel | Dec 8, 2014 |
I didn't particularly enjoy it but the book grabbed me and I made it all the way through pretty quickly. ( )
  Journeymouse | Sep 12, 2014 |
  Journeymouse | Sep 11, 2014 |
A wonderful continuation of the Ledger series. It picks up shortly after Patient Zero and never loses a beat.
I enjoy the way Maberry writes. His style of writing is delightful in the way that he builds his characters in a way that you can relate to them regardless of which one it is. From Bunny to Top all are relatable.
I also like that he includes alot of cutting edge/new age ideas into his writing like the thoughts of Eugenics in this one. Few writers do that and even fewer do it as passionately. ( )
  JacobDecker | Apr 22, 2014 |
Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rating: 4.50

Audio Rating: 4.00 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry was wicked smart and brutally twisty.

Read It File It: I am in love with the Joe Ledger! There I said it. It is probably best to get that out there and acknowledged. During the Dragon Factory, I was biting my lip, clicking my nails against the desk, and closing my eyes as things got tense. These books are such intense rides and this one was a little heartbreaking. I recommend these to any one who enjoys a good mystery with a little bit of fringe!

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated by: Ray Porter /Length: 16 hrs and 11 mins

Going to admit that it took 2 books for me to fall in love with Ray's voice for Joe but now I adore it. Sometimes it just takes a bit and then it clicks!

Final Thoughts: Bring on Book 3! ( )
  thehistorychic | Apr 15, 2014 |
To Randy and Fran Kirsch,
Charlie and Gina Miller,
Frank and Mary Lou Sessa,
and my blood brother, Arthue Mensch,

and, as always, to my beloved Sara Jo
Otto Wirths was the second worst mass murderer in the history of the world.
"And while I admit I do have some 'moments,' if you call me insane again I'll have your hands cut off."

Otto Wirths was the second-worst mass murderer in the history of the world. Compared to him Hitler, Stalin, Attila the Hun, and even Alexander the Great were amateurs, poseurs who could not hold a candle to Otto and his body count.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

75 wanted2 pay3 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,496,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible