Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking…

Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques (edition 2006)

by Michael Michalko

Tags:lplibrarymelbourne, innovation

Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques by Michael Michalko

Pretty good read. ( )
  shdawson | Aug 16, 2016 |
A guide designed to encourage creative thinking in business offers techniques, hints, and tricks for generating ideas and offers dozens of success stories.
  COREEducation | Dec 1, 2015 |
A book on cultivating and using creative thinking
  xwgrace | Jul 5, 2015 |
We are all born as talented artists but what do we forget as we grow? Michael Michalko helps us remember what we already unconsciously knew or simply did as we were creative kids. But make no mistakes, this book is not the silver bullet for all of your problems. You must be patient, very open-minded, not slave to the habit or discipline (just for the sake of discipline) and move along your way to being much more creative.

I really liked the structure of the book and I think I can use it as a creativity and problem solving reference, a kind of handbook. I have already read 'Mind Performance Hacks' and 'Pragmatic Thinking & Learning' which referred to some famous techniques and examples in this solid book.

Be warned: some of you may find the overuse of anecdotes disturbing or not very theoretical but grasping the essence of some of them will be very helpful. ( )
  EmreSevinc | Oct 11, 2009 |
I decided to buy this (piece of art) book just by skimming the Table-Of-Contents.
When i started reading, i was really stunned by the classification and thoughts flow through the book. Now, i'm holding the MindMap i've generated for this book on my mobilephone wherever i go, been using it for a while and the resulting thoughts are really more than spectacular. I think i can find another solution for every problem i try to solve just by applying ideas from this book.

I really recommend this book to anyone who's, like me, always seeking a new point-of-view. ( )
1 vote Tahanix | Oct 5, 2009 |

Rethink the Way You ThinkIn hindsight, every great idea seems obvious. But how can you be the person who comes up with those ideas? In this revised and expanded edition of his groundbreaking Thinkertoys, creativity expert Michael Michalko reveals life-changing tools that will help you think like a genius. From the linear to the intuitive, this comprehensive handbook details ingenious creative-thinking techniques for approaching problems in unconventional ways. Through fun and thought-provoking exercises, you'll learn how to create original ideas that will improve your personal life and your business life. Michalko's techniques show you how to look at the same information as everyone else and see something different. With hundreds of hints, tricks, tips, tales, and puzzles, Thinkertoys will open your mind to a world of innovative solutions to everyday and not-so-everyday problems.From the Trade Paperback edition.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,530,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible