What Would Dewey Do? An Unshelved Collection…

What Would Dewey Do? An Unshelved Collection

by Gene Ambaum, Bill Barnes (Illustrator)

Other authors: Nancy Pearl (Foreword)

Series: Unshelved (2)

No book-talk pages in this one. Yet, again, my 14 yo son and I both laughed out loud many times. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Lots of good stuff in this collection of the second year of Unshelved. There's the Action Figure Librarian stuff, a renovation of the Mallville Library (by Buddy, in one night, impressive) as well as lots more annoying patrons, and boy oh boy the computers.

Also in the back are a few cool strips about rules for a library conference. And one 'Far Side' style comic.

I liked the art, it's still not the most amazing art I've ever seen, but you can also see it get incrementally better as the years go on.

Also I have the weirdest urge to write some Tamara/Dewey fanfic (not to mention, the strip always needs more Mel.!!) ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 22, 2014 |
This collection of comics about life in a library is a good time for all those who love the library. The guys at Unshelved do a great job of illustrating some of the joys and frustrations of library work. ( )
  verbafacio | Jun 20, 2007 |
If you work in a library you can identify with the situations that Dewey finds himself in. There is something comforting in the kinds of solutions that we wish we could effect in real life. I get my daily fix of the Unshelved bunch just to start my mornings right. ( )
  datwood | Nov 10, 2006 |
second collection of unshelved--complete chronilogical collection continued from the end of the last book--Great.
http://talesofarampaginglibrarian.blogspot.com/2006/07/hearing-laughter-in-libra... ( )
  rampaginglibrarian | Jul 9, 2006 |

Gene Ambaumprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnes, BillIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Pearl, NancyForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Dewey and his fellow librarians confront the FBI, psychic fairs, poetry slams, crashed hard drives, identity theft, and of course each other. Features introduction by librarian, bestselling author, and action figure model Nancy Pearl plus pages of never-before-published comics.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:19 -0400)

"What would Dewey Do? collects the second year of the online comic strip Unshelved plus special bonus comics. Join our hero Dewey and his fellow librarians as they confront the FBI, psychic fairs, poetry slams, crashed hard drives, identity theft, and of course each other."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Gene Ambaum is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,627,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible