The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

The Awakening

by Kelley Armstrong

Series: Darkest Powers (2)

English (108)  Hungarian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (110)
4 1/2 stars. ( )
  RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
I couldn't put this book down! It was a great read from start to finish. Surprising revelations, exciting on the run moments, and a budding romance, what more can you ask for? ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
What is most refreshing about these books is that they do not focus on any kind of romantic intentions. But seriously the design of the hands on the cover is so screwed up!!!!! great story anyway, but that was so distracting. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
(the '08 read was a beta copy) ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Jan 25, 2018 |
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. Kids with superpowers! Awesome!

I love the adventure and the chase. The lies and the deceit. Kids working together agains adults. Power to the little people!

I was hooked from the moment I opened the first book. It's an excellent series. I was on the edge of me seat. I love the hide and seek in the old factory. Being all sneaky. Trying not to die. Working together. Real team work. Love that.

I can't wait to see how it all ends. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
Another slam dunk for Kelley Armstrong in this mind-tingling action-packed novel. The book begins with Chloe in the locked Edison Group facility after revealing to her friend that she is actually dead. She soon learns that the people of the Edison Group are not as nice as they seem. I really enjoyed this novel because I already knew these characters and I was interested to see how they came into their powers when danger arose. I have to say I need to stop guessing when it comes to her novels because most of the time I am usually wrong and people are not always what they seem.

It was nice to read about the realtionship between Derek and Chloe. In The Summoning their relationship was very strained because of the secret of what Derek was, but the fact that these two are so different makes them perfect companions. We also delved deeper into Derek's secret agenda involving the Pack which happens to live closeby. I also enjoyed the character of Liz, we missed out on a lot of her in the first novel, but this novel really showed how strong of a character she was, although Chloe was the only one to truly recognize it.

After reading other reviews about this novel, some say it was very slow and just a "middle" book, just setting us up for the end novel. I disagree. This novel explored more of the "coming of age" and power of these teenagers. Other novels explore characters already knowing their powers, but this particular series shows the troubles of learning to harness and control something that they never chose.

Kelley Armstrongprimary authorall editionscalculated
Morris, CassandraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schechter, CarrieCover photographysecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tippie, JoelCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Julia
When the door to my cell clicked open, the first thought that flitted through my doped-up brain was that Liz had changed her mind and come back.

If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl—someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I'm as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment—not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization called the Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I'm a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control; I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.
Now I'm running for my life with three of my supernatural friends—a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch—and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:23 -0400)

Fifteen-year-old necromancer Chloe, having escaped from Lyle House with Derek, Simon, and Rae, finds herself imprisoned in a laboratory run by a sinister organization determined to control her and her supernatural friends.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,090,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible