Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om…

Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om släktet (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan, Anders Bellis

1,024None8,261 (3.67)42
Member:fridaa48
Title:Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om släktet
Authors:Guillermo del Toro
Other authors:Chuck Hogan, Anders Bellis
Info:Bra böcker, 2010.
Collections:Lästa, Read but unowned
Tags:Vampyrer, Fantasy, Skräck, Postapokalyps, Läst2013

The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro (Author) (2010)

English (56)  Danish (1)  All languages (57)
Book 2 of the Strain Trilogy, a modern twist on the Vampire legend. combining vampirand End-of-the-World pandemic themes, with conspiracy theory thrown in to boot. ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
This story had massive twists and turns and ended on a low note. Looks like the world is doomed. On to the last book in this series to see if humanity saves itself from vampires, and not the sparkly kind. ( )
  khaalidah | Mar 14, 2014 |
In the Strain Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan showed us a world where myth and legend were so much more horrifying that we could ever imagine ending the book on a near cliff-hanger aftermath of the ultimate struggle between good and evil.

And now we have the Fall which picks up right where the Strain left off only now that we've had most of the characters introduced and the lines drawn between good and evil the book kicks the action and fear up a notch. Humankind is not alone and only a few people truly understand what is happening. While they struggle against an evil that seems near unstoppable they also try to make the world understand what is truly happening. This is not a normal virus! No normal strain! This is The Fall! Born from the evil of a master vampire and the heroes must race against the clock to find a way to stop it.

Without giving away anything I can only say if you loved the Strain then you'll doubly enjoy The Fall. This book has more action, more horror and more answers that only lead to more questions. In book one the Characters were introduced and the plot established so with book two the authors were free to really put the peddle to the metal. I found myself unable to put this book down and my only regret is that I didn't pick these books up until they'd all been written. How will I ever make it until October when the third one comes out? I don't know but when it does come out get your night lights ready and make sure you have plenty of batteries because you won't want to spend too much time in the dark. ( )
  Jamiesbookblog | Feb 12, 2014 |
Much better than the first, with a slew of far more interesting characters! Cannot wait to read the third book! ( )
  aiturnizzle | Feb 4, 2014 |
An amazing follow up to "The Strain"! Hogan and del Toro are a winning writing couple and have re-invented the vampire genre, bringing back the horror. ( )
  JEB5 | Oct 30, 2013 |

Toro, Guillermo DelAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hogan, ChuckAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Raitio, RistoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for Lorenza, with all my love. - GDT
For my four favorite creatures. - CH
Extract from the diary of Ephraim Goodweather

(from the back of the book) The vampiric virus is spreading and soon will envelop the globe. Amid the chaos, Eph Goodweather - head of the Center for Disease Control's team - leads a band out to stop these bloodthirsty monsters. But it may be too late.

Ignited by the Master's horrific plan, a war has erupted between Old and New World vampires. Caught between these warring forces, powerless and vulnerable, humans find themselves no longer the consumers but the comsumed. At the center of the conflict lies an ancient text that contains the vampires' entire hhistory...and their darkest secrets. Whoever finds the book can control the outcome of the war and, ultimately, the fate of us all.

As New World vampires go to war with Old World vampires over an ancient book containing the entire history and darkest secrets of the vampires, Eph Goodweather and his team from the Centers for Disease Control seek to stop the vampiric plague and the monsters it has created.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,415,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible