Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om…

Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om släktet (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Guillermo del Toro, Chuck Hogan, Anders Bellis

Member:fridaa48
Title:Förgörelsen : andra delen i trilogin om släktet
Authors:Guillermo del Toro
Other authors:Chuck Hogan, Anders Bellis
Info:Bra böcker, 2010.
Collections:Lästa, Read but unowned
Tags:Vampyrer, Fantasy, Skräck, Postapokalyps, Läst2013

The Fall by Guillermo Del Toro (2010)

English (73)  Danish (1)  All (74)
Better than the first in many ways. ( )
  Heather_Brock | Nov 23, 2016 |
I wasn't terribly impressed with The Strain. I liked the premise, and I loved the initial 150 pages or so, but it eventually devolved into mindless, repetitive action and I found I was forcing myself to read it towards the end.

I was hoping this would improve, maybe develop the plot some more, and to some degrees it did, kind of. We find out more about the mysterious Ancients, and the vampires develop a bit more so they feel less like, well, zombies. There are some positives here, but unfortunately, it's still inundated with endless vampire slaying scenes. Over and over and over again.

My issue with this is how similar they are. The vampires have to be killed in the same way every time, and there is always the post-battle irradiation description. I confess I started skimming these, because for ****'s sake how many times do I have to read through the characters sterilizing an area with UV light?

I'm really at the point where I kind of just don't want to read the final book, I haven't started it and I'm already dreading it. Not because they are bad, I'm giving this book 3 stars, I'm just afraid it's going to be another dull, monotonous read. With that said, I'm 2 books in, so I can't not read it. Argh! ( )
  Ape | Nov 4, 2016 |
a strong follow up to the first book in the series, "the strain" ( )
  irregularreader | Oct 31, 2016 |
Since I've been a fan from the first book, and now, the television show, I have had a blast with both versions of this story. For fans of the show, the books have many differences that make them worth reading as well, and they are major differences. This was so good I am going to go ahead and read book three also. ( )
  TBones | Oct 20, 2016 |
The second book in The Strain tirlogy. I lvoed the first book which was unique and action packed. This book really dragged in the beginning with a lot of recap and not much action. It did pick up in the last third of the book and I am still looking forward to the last book in the series. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
Mientras la enfermedad y la cuarentena empiezan a desparramarse por todo el país y el mundo, Eph y Nora identifican el parásito gusano que es el agente infeccioso. Se encuentran atrapados entre las dos facciones en guerra, los Vampiros del Viejo Mundo y los Vampiros del Nuevo Mundo, que luchan para controlar el planeta. Los humanos se han visto desplazados hasta el tope de la cadena alimenticia y ahora comprenden, para su horror, lo que es no ser el consumidor sino... el consumido.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Del Toro, Guillermoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hogan, ChuckAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Raitio, RistoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for Lorenza, with all my love. - GDT
For my four favorite creatures. - CH
Extract from the diary of Ephraim Goodweather

(from the back of the book) The vampiric virus is spreading and soon will envelop the globe. Amid the chaos, Eph Goodweather - head of the Center for Disease Control's team - leads a band out to stop these bloodthirsty monsters. But it may be too late.

Ignited by the Master's horrific plan, a war has erupted between Old and New World vampires. Caught between these warring forces, powerless and vulnerable, humans find themselves no longer the consumers but the comsumed. At the center of the conflict lies an ancient text that contains the vampires' entire hhistory...and their darkest secrets. Whoever finds the book can control the outcome of the war and, ultimately, the fate of us all.

As New World vampires go to war with Old World vampires over an ancient book containing the entire history and darkest secrets of the vampires, Eph Goodweather and his team from the Centers for Disease Control seek to stop the vampiric plague and the monsters it has created.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,783,639 books! | Top bar: Always visible