Dragon's Breath by E. D. Baker

Dragon's Breath was not quite as good as the first book, but it was still very funny and I did enjoy myself reading it. Again, there was nothing inappropriate in this book and it would make a great family read aloud! ( )
  RayleighAnn | Jul 2, 2014 |
I finally figured out how to get mp3 audiobooks from NetLibrary onto my Zune, so I listened to this book. TOTALLY cute!

This was a great little sequel to [b:The Frog Princess|65091|The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)|E.D. Baker|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170626809s/65091.jpg|1953064], with more adventures of Emma and Eadric.... This time they're on a quest to turn Emma's aunt Grassina's fiancé from an otter back into a human. So they have to figure out how to break the spell, then have to go around collecting bizarre and difficult-to-find objects needed in said breaking. And wow, is it interesting! Plus there's the added difficulty that a neighboring kingdom is about to attack Greater Greensward, and Grassina, the Green Witch (title of the witch charged with protecting the land) is WAAAAAY too caught up with the whole Haywood situation and is really quite shirking her protector duties...

Can Emma and Eadric find everything they need to turn Haywood back into a human? Can they do it in time to stop the spell from becoming permanent, and before Greater Greensward is invaded? Well, I suppose you'll have to read and find out, now won't you? ;) ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book is about a girl who finds a dragon egg and hatches a real dragon. She naames the dragon squirt. Squirt has to risk his life to save the owner of him because she was kidnapped.

I like this book because It is dangerous and sweet that the dragon is risking his life for the little girl. At the end of the story it is sad because the dragon dies.
  hailey.parker98 | Jan 20, 2011 |
Dragons breath is defintaly the most magical thing I'v ever read even though emma is not always a likable character she has a strong persoality wich realy brings the story to life.
  Hashes | Sep 18, 2010 |
Sequel to The Frog Princess. Once again, cute enough to keep reading. I like the interaction between Emma and Eadric, but their obstacles are normally easily overcome and I don't like Emma's mother's mean attitude towards her. I'll keep reading them though, because I've gotten attached to the characters and I want to find out how Emma and Eadric live happily ever after.
  Ilithyia | Dec 20, 2009 |

Emma and Eadric have no sooner turned back into humans (from being frogs) than Emma's mother is in a panic, Aunt Grassina is distracted because she's found her true love turned into an otter, and Emma's magic is so out of control she sends herself to the dungeon by mistake. The neighboring kingdom has chosen this moment to attack, and if Emma can't get Grassina's mind back on on protecting the kingdom, life as they know it in Greater Greensward will be in peril. From underwater sea monsters to fire-breathing dragons, this witty pair of young friends manages to sweet-talk, cajole, and race their way to victory. But when it looks as if everything will finally work out, disaster strikes, and Emma finds that magic is not enough - it takes real bravery and a strong, new friendship to succeed.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:45 -0400)

Having recovered their human shape, Emeralda and Eadric try to help Aunt Grassina find the special objects needed to break the spell that turned Grassina's true love, Haywood, into an otter.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,464,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible