Skeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz

Skeleton Key

by Anthony Horowitz

Series: Alex Rider (Book 3)

English (52)  French (1)  All languages (53)
I think the author must be spoofing James Bond on purpose. Every book in this series has had a misshapen villian with a bizarre manner of doling out death. Alex continues to have one traumatic experience after another which does not make for a healthy person... ( )
  tjsjohanna | Mar 18, 2019 |
Not that I am trying to stay away from main stream too many in the series series, (aka james bond, star trek...) but we drove around a few blocks to find what is going to happen on more than one occasion. I will have to say that I will read another in the series. ( )
  ksmedberg | Aug 15, 2018 |
Book two was better than the first. A better plot and character development. Alex has to battle himself to survive in the end. Strange goings on at a posh private school. Better humor and adventure in this sequel. ( )
  weisser4 | Jan 10, 2018 |
It was a really good book but since I've read the last 3 I knew he wasn't going to die. It kind of left you on a cliffhanger. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
Alex Rider is back in the field, despite his disinterest in being a fourteen-year-old spy, and this time is working for the Americans to stop a bitter Russian from unleashing a nuclear bomb.

Alex Rider has an inexplainable pull to itself. I may be a little too old to obsess over them, and they may (at least so far) seem simple stories that don't have an ultimate, over-arching plot (I'm told they do as the series continues, though). But nonetheless, they always have me going back for more. Alex Rider is a clever, friendly kid with a likable deadpan sense of humor none of the adults in the series seem to understand, but is right up my alley. These are great escape books I can always turn to without worrying about adult contents or over-the-top language.

Things To Watch Out For:
Romance: NA
Language: Ds and Hs scattered about, but nothing much worse than that. Possibly God's name, but isn't enough for me to remember.
Violence: Several deaths in the book of both named and nameless characters due to explosions and several semi-gruseom deaths; fight scenes
Drugs: brief mentions of wine and smoking
Nudity: NA
Other: Alex is forced to be a spy when he's made it very clear he doesn't want to be ( )
  Jenneth | Jul 29, 2016 |

Anthony Horowitzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dürr, KarlheinzÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To B B
Night came quickly to Skeleton Key. The sun hovered briefly on the horizon, then dipped below. At once, the clouds rolled in - first red, then mauve, silver, green, and black, as though all the colors in the world were being sucked into a vast melting pot.

Working as a secret agent for Britain’s most exclusive agency, Alex Rider has seen it all. He’s been shot at by international terrorists, stood face-to-face with pure evil, and saved the world—twice. But fifteen-year-old Alex is about to face something more dangerous than he can imagine: A man who’s lost everything he cared for—his country, his son—a man who has a nuclear weapon, and will stop at nothing to get his world back. Unless Alex can stop him first...

Alex Rider has been through a lot for his fourteen years. He's been shot at by international terrorists, chased down a mountainside on a makeshift snowboard, and has stood face-to-face with pure evil. Twice, young Alex has managed to save the world. And twice, he has almost been killed doing it. But now Alex faces something even more dangerous. The desperation of a man who has lost everything he cared for: his country and his only son. A man who just happens to have a nuclear weapon and a serious grudge against the free world. To see his beloved Russia once again be a dominant power, he will stop at nothing. Unless Alex can stop him first... Uniting forces with America's own CIA for the first time, teen spy Alex Rider battles terror from the sun-baked beaches of Miami all the way to the barren ice fields of northernmost Russia. Come along for the thrilling ride of a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:29 -0400)

Reluctant teenage-spy Alex Rider, on a routine mission at the Wimbledon tennis championships, gets caught up in Chinese gangs, illegal nuclear weapons, and the suspect plans of his Russian host, General Sarov.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible