The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson
Recently added byCathyMcCaughan, nbrown04, private library, TCook, Woebane

This is the first book in the Repairman Jack series. This is a rather massive series that has a number of spin-offs. This was a decent paranormal novel. It's mostly an investigative mystery with a bit of a paranormal twist at the end.

I listened to this on audiobook and the audiobook was very well done. The narrator did an excellent job with everything and I would highly recommend listening to on audiobook if you enjoy audiobooks.

Repairman Jack fixes things, in whatever way they need to be fixed. We aren’t talking about appliances here, but issues....sometimes big ones. He’s done work with the United Nations and other miscellaneous jobs. He’s an interesting character. He is noble and tries to do what’s right, but he’s not afraid of violence or killing. In fact he even admits he enjoys the violence a bit…

In this book he gets involved in both finding a missing amulet and trying to locate the missing aunt of his ex-girlfriend. The story is well put together and the various storylines are cleverly tied together. There are some light paranormal elements later in the story but this is mostly a mystery.

The book was decently written but a bit predictable and long for what it was. I thought it was good but wasn't completely in love with it. I am guessing the books get better as they go because this series has a pretty fanatical following.

Overall this was a decent investigative mystery with some good action scenes. Not sure if I will continue the series or not at this point...I liked it but wasn’t in love with it. Whether or not I continue this series will depend on what else I have to read. I would recommend to those who enjoy investigative urban fantasy series like The Dresden Files or the Alex Verus series. ( )
  krau0098 | Aug 29, 2018 |
YOW!

First book of the Repairman Jack series, originally a standalone. Even if you don't read the rest of the series, this one is well worth the plunge. But be careful...if you are possessed of an addictive personalty, chances are you'll be wanting ALL of the RJ books, and there are a LOT of them. And then you'll get into the rest of the Adversary Cycle, and the Secret History of the World...nuff said!

F. Paul ROCKS. Expect to spend many pleasurable hours with his work. ( )
  Jamski | Jul 18, 2018 |
I read this after reading The Keep. This is supposed to be the second book in the Adversary Cycle series and the first book in the Repairman Jack series. While I liked both The Keep and this novel, they didn't seem connected at all as far as I can tell. I like Wilson's writing style, so I will continue with both sets of stories. ( )
  ktlavender | Jul 17, 2017 |
First book I've read of the Repairman Jack series. A likeable character and a quick read. Some metaphysical stuff - not sure the other novels have this aspect, but will probably read another. ( )
  MicheleMG | Feb 1, 2017 |
The first and arguably best of the Repairman Jack series where the seriously off-the-grid Jack tackles a flock of reptilian monsters led by a Hindu madman. Not only is the bizarre but appealing character of Repairman Jack introduced, but a roller-coaster of a monster story is the result. Jack stands out as a series character who repairs situations beyond the law, not toasters like his dad thinks. And despite his off-the grid approach, Jack has a code of ethics backed up by a ferocious sense of justice which often leads him to cases he should avoid. The paranormal figures more and more as the series continues, but it never quite gets this extreme until that last book, another reason to enjoy. Even the author, J. Paul Wilson, was so fascinated by Jack that the one-shot book resulted in a multi-novel series that required reworking the final book where a parallel series of (fewer) novels ended. ( )
  NickHowes | Dec 6, 2016 |

F. Paul Wilsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
CanigliaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to my own Vickys: Jennifer and Meggan
Repairman Jack woke with light in his eyes, white noise in his ears, and an ache in his back.

Much to the chagrin of his girlfriend, Gia, Repairman Jack doesn't deal with electronic appliances. He fixes situations for people, often putting himself in deadly danger.
This Repairman Jack
Won't fix your television.
He fixes problems.
(yoyogod)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812580370, Mass Market Paperback)

Much to the chagrin of his girlfriend, Gia, Repairman Jack doesn't deal with electronic appliances-he fixes situations for people, often putting himself in deadly danger. His latest project is recovering a stolen necklace, which carries with it an ancient curse that may unleash a horde of Bengali demons. Jack is used to danger, but this time Gia's daughter Vicky is threatened. Can Jack overcome the curse of the yellow necklace and bring Vicky safely back home?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:11 -0400)

A repairman Jack thriller. Follow Hosts.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,361,003 books! | Top bar: Always visible