A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

A Secret Kept (edition 2010)

by Tatiana de Rosnay

Member:kidsfour
Title:A Secret Kept
Authors:Tatiana de Rosnay
Info:St. Martin's Press (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 305 pages
Tags:This has been my favorite of her books. I really like this author and when I finished it and picked up another book by someone else, it was very disappointing.

A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

English (58)  Dutch (5)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (65)
Boring story and whiny characters ( )
  nljacobs | Jan 19, 2016 |
Antoine and Melanie, a grown brother and sister, vacation together at an island they visited frequently during their childhood summers, back during happier times when their mother was still alive. Revisiting the island causes Melanie to remember something about their mother, but as she begins to recall this to Antoine on the drive home, she loses control of the car, swerves off the road, and ends up in a nearby hospital. Eventually she reveals to Antoine her memory, and a family secret gradually unfolds throughout the book.

This was an enjoyable enough read, although quite unlike de Rosnay's previous Sarah's Key. I think as a reader, if you go in knowing that, you'll enjoy the story. But if you're wanting something more similar to Sarah's Key, you might be disappointed. My overall thoughts: I found it engaging & fairly well-written, although ultimately not as climactic near the end as I was expecting. ( )
  indygo88 | Jan 15, 2016 |
Maybe I would have related to this more if I was a parent. As it is, while I found Antoine and Melanie very believable, I just couldn't get tremendously interested in Antoine's marital and parental worries. The plot about their mother Clarisse was more interesting but took too long to get to the meaty stuff. Very disappointed as I liked "Sarah's Key" very much... ( )
  leslie.98 | Sep 14, 2015 |
Great quick read! ( )
  KarenHerndon | Jun 28, 2015 |
Enjoyable read. Story is told from Antoine's point of view as he tries to remember his mother who died when he was 10 yrs old. Antoine takes his sister back to the childhood summer island where memories come back. Melanie is about to remember something when they have a car accident. Antoine has to come to terms with the secret of his mother's death, his failed marriage, his teenage children, his relationshipj with his father, and a new woman. Needless to say its a lot.
Novel progresses as it should and only problem I have is how his relationship with Melanie , so strong as start of novel, fizzes to a paragraph or two at the end. ( )
  Smits | May 14, 2015 |

Tatiana de Rosnayprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blom, Iris van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In loving memory of Pierrre-Emmanuel (1989-2006).
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. -- Henry Scott Holland
Manderley was no more. -- Daphne Du Maurier, Rebecca
This book is for Cecilia and Alexis, my wonderful sister and brother, and for Cedric and Caroline, their loved ones.
I am shown into a small drab room, told to sit down and wait.

It's been thirty years since Antonie's and Melanie's mother died. But when a visit to the sea at Noirmoutier Island triggers painful memories of their haunting childhood--and Melanie lies in the hospital recovering from a near fatal accident--Antoine must confront his past and also his troubled relationships with his own children.… (more)

Tatiana de Rosnay is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Secret Kept by Tatiana De Rosnay was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,252,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible