A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

A Secret Kept (edition 2010)

by Tatiana de Rosnay

Member:kidsfour
Title:A Secret Kept
Authors:Tatiana de Rosnay
Info:St. Martin's Press (2010), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 305 pages
Tags:This has been my favorite of her books. I really like this author and when I finished it and picked up another book by someone else, it was very disappointing.

A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

English (60)  Dutch (6)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All (69)
I don't really know how to describe this book. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read but after the amazing telling of Sarah's Key, I was disappointed. The characters were offbeat to the point of being rather unrelatable and the big secret wasn't really much of one. Ending was so unsatisfying... I wish the characters had more depth. ( )
  Hanneri | Jun 25, 2017 |
This was a wonderful book - a trifle melodramatic at times. I can't say the ending was satisfying but the book was... ( )
  Soulmuser | May 30, 2017 |
I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this book but it slowly pulled me into the lives of the characters. I know the title is A Secret Kept but I feel like it is more about the relationship between the members of the Rey family. It's also about Antoine and his relationship between Angele a mortician and also with his children. I really enjoyed this as an audio book. It's beautifully written. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
This book did not enthrall me like "Sarah's Key". It was a good read and a good story. I like the author's writting style and her characters.
10/13 to 10/16/10 ( )
  LaurieLin | Mar 6, 2016 |
Boring story and whiny characters ( )
  nljacobs | Jan 19, 2016 |

Tatiana de Rosnayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blom, Iris van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In loving memory of Pierrre-Emmanuel (1989-2006).
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. -- Henry Scott Holland
Manderley was no more. -- Daphne Du Maurier, Rebecca
This book is for Cecilia and Alexis, my wonderful sister and brother, and for Cedric and Caroline, their loved ones.
I am shown into a small drab room, told to sit down and wait.

It's been thirty years since Antonie's and Melanie's mother died. But when a visit to the sea at Noirmoutier Island triggers painful memories of their haunting childhood--and Melanie lies in the hospital recovering from a near fatal accident--Antoine must confront his past and also his troubled relationships with his own children.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Tatiana de Rosnay's book A Secret Kept was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tatiana de Rosnay is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,328,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible