Scandal (Private, Book 11) by Kate Brian

Scandal (Private, Book 11) (edition 2010)

by Kate Brian

Member:Kzazzara
Title:Scandal (Private, Book 11)
Authors:Kate Brian
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: Original, Paperback, 240 pages

Scandal by Kate Brian

Reed comes back from St. Barths to find her whole life at Easton has been bulldozed. Everything she knew, everything she loved, the one thing that made her feel like she was something special, gone. But she is bound and determined not to let Billings die. And when she gets a book, dating back to 1915, explaining a secret society of former Billings’ girls, she has her answer. Now she has to find the right girls, find the right place to hold the meetings and do it all under extreme care because the new headmaster is out for the head of the Billings’ girls.

Now of course the drama follows Reed. Don’t think that a near-death experience on a tropical island would slow her down. Reed has as much drama as ever, well, that may be a lie. No one tried to kill her in this book, but she has plenty of boy and girl drama to go around.

This is my least favorite book out of the series. I had waited a while between the last book and reading this one. The last one was filled with crazy twists and turns and this one just didn’t live up to the hiatus hype as I had wished.

I have always liked Reed throughout this series. She was the low man on the totem pole who worked her way up the ranks. There were times where she turned her back on friends, but I was still able to understand. In this book, I couldn’t. I know she was going with the “rituals” and history, but I felt like she really turned to the B word side. There was no reason she couldn’t add 4 more people into the Billings Literary Society. As mentioned by one of the girls, no one was going to rise from the dead and confront Reed for adding and extra person.

Now while I pretty much hated Reed in this book, I did admire her for standing up to the former Billings women who came after her. She has gotten some serious confidence since entering the school, but as mentioned in the last paragraph, it may be too much for her own good.

The only thing that will keep me reading this series after this book is the very last couple of pages. If anything, Kate Brian leaves us with great cliff hangers. I give Scandal 2 bookmarks. ( )
  kariannalysis | Sep 8, 2010 |
Reed, Noelle and the rest of the Billings girls return to Easton Academy from winter break. Upon their arrival, they learn their beloved Billings House has been torn down per the new headmaster’s orders. Devastated, Reed vows to reunite the Billings girls.

She turns to Noelle for help and is stunned when Noelle refuses to assist her. Noelle is graduating in a few months and wants to keep a low profile and finish. Reed is at a loss until she is given a present: a book documenting Billings history regarding a secret literary society.

Reed is determined to revive this secret society, but isn’t prepared for the backlash it will cause. Friends are divided and new bonds are formed. Even the Billings alumni is against her. When things take a tragic turn, Reed wonders if maybe she has gone too far.
Scandal is the eleventh book in the Private series. Like the previous books, Scandal ends with a cliffhanger and the reader is left wanting the next book NOW! The good news is Vanished will be released August 31, 2010. ( )
  scoutlee | Apr 14, 2010 |

Back to Easton after vacation, Reed is shocked to find that Billing House has been razed, and the scandal-rocked Billings Girls have been separated. She decides to create a secret society-- with a whole new set of rules. There are eleven spots to fill-- if anyone can survive the initiation.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,522,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible