Betrayed: A House of Night Novel (Book 2) by…

Betrayed: A House of Night Novel (Book 2) (edition 2007)

by PC Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:fionamae
Title:Betrayed: A House of Night Novel (Book 2)
Authors:PC Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2007), Paperback, 320 pages

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

Recently added byghsmediacenter, private library, Taywilsoncx, rebal, MystryssCrymsyn, Memecoleman2800

English (133)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (135)
The story really picked up with this book. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
Was excited to see this book on the library shelf. Had to have it. Love this series. Couldn't put it down I was too into it. ( )
  FredaCochran | Sep 27, 2018 |
Well after I read Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast of course, I had to move on to Betrayed. This book was good but I almost knew who Zoey was going to be betrayed by, or at least I had a good idea who it might be.

Zoey continues to be that sweet girl you would want for a best friend. She does have a few problems she is dealing with and that would be some boys in her life she cannot make up her mind she wants to be with. However, one big problem with one of her boyfriends, he is human.

She soon finds herself meeting Heath at a local Starbucks after a day of shopping, knowing she should not see him as it is against the rules of The House of Night. Zoey finds herself saying what she has to say and proceeds to get in her car to leave and Heath gets in the car as well.

He is very insistent especially after he finds out they have started to Imprint, he tells Zoey he is cool with that, and she tells him that it has to end between them and he needs to forget about the night that this all started to begin. But Heath will have no part of it he gets into her car and takes out a small razor blade and drew it down the side of his neck..... ( )
  JKJ94 | Jul 18, 2018 |
Okay, so I'm continuing this series because the books are quick/easy reads, and IT'S A GUILTY PLEASURE, OKAY? Is it the best writing? No. Is it juvenile? Absolutely. But preteen-teenage me would have really enjoyed this series and would have possibly given it 4-4.5 stars. I can sort through some of the crap writing just to see where this series ends up. ( )
1 vote itswawawhitney | Jun 19, 2018 |
Marginally better than Marked. Enough to keep me reading the series. ( )
  sprainedbrain | Mar 22, 2018 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).
(pg. 52)

"Cream and silk as one
How I long to taste and touch
The moon watches us."
(pg. 151)

For Zoey

Alluring Priestess.
Night can't cloak your scarlet dream.
Accept Desire's call.
(pg. 182)

"Her father lov'd me; oft invited me;
Still question'd me the story of my life
From year to year, the battles, sieges, fortunes
That I have pass'd."
(pg. 183)

"She wish'd she had not heard it, yet she wish'd
That heaven had made her such a man; she thank'd me,
And bade me, if I had a friend that lov'd her,
I should but teach him how to tell my story,
And that would woo her. Upon this hint I spake:
She lov'd me for the dangers I had pass'd,
And I lov'd her that she did pity them."
(pg. 205)

" 'I have no name,
I am but two days old.'
What shall I call thee?
'I happy am,
Joy is my name.'
Sweet joy befall thee!"

Book 2 of the 'House of Night' series -- Zoey Redbird has an unusual life. Just recently she was Marked by Nyx, the goddess of night, to become a vampyre. But Nyx has also given Zoey unprecedented gifts that set her apart from every other vampyre before her. Already struggling to adapt to her new world, she realizes that something isn't quite right at the school, but the one person she should be able to trust the most seems to be the greatest danger.

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:29 -0400)

After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,410,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible