Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) by PC Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by PC Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)
Authors:PC Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2007), Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

English (122)  Dutch (1)  All languages (123)
I loved loved loved this book! It's so good! It made me stay on the edge of my bed at the end!! The Cast women are really good writers! And I am dying to see what will happen next. This book can make you laugh and cry and can make you relax and sitting on the edge of your seat between one chapter and another, I guess when I shall marry and have a baby if God wants I shall name her Zoey, which means life. Zoey Redbird rocks! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This is the second in the House of Night series, and the story is as good as the first. We follow Zoey Redbird, fledgling vampire and high priestess in training, as she tries to uncover the reason that local high school football players are disappearing...so close to the vampire school. I found it a little over the top that Zoey has like 3 boys gunning for her, but hey, it's high school and she's obviously a powerful girl, so bring the drama. ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
Having had an interest in vampire movies for around forty years I thought I would try another story in that genre even though I felt I would probably being comparing it to the Twilight series; which I did initially.

Betrayed is a story aimed at the teenage market and at the risk of being called sexist, I may even venture to add, the female teenage market. It was a bit slow to begin with although that may have also been attributed to my bias toward the Twilight books/movies. However, Betrayed was worth its purchase price and certainly not a book I would give away. I did, however, feel betrayed by the ending, which I guess is a great way to finish a story as the reader wants more. In this case more in the House of Night series written by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast (http://www.maryse.net/reading-order-guide/pc-cast-house-of-night-series-reading-...).

More information regarding the House of Night series can be found at http://www.houseofnightseries.com/

Kudos must also be given to Edwina Wren who read the Bolinda audio edition. An Australian who lives in Melbourne, Edwina has worked in theatre, film and as a voice over artist for both radio and animation. Included in her credits is Sylvia, by Bryce Courtenay. Edwina is one of the few audio readers who are able to create voices for her characters and still slip into the narrator’s voice as the story requires.

Find out more about Edwina at https://fe.bolindadigital.com/wldcs_bol_fo/b2i/performerPage.html?fromPage=mainPage&b2bSite=1104&performer=206538

In 2005 Edwina was awarded the Rising Star Award at Bolinda Audio.
  DCarlin | Jan 23, 2016 |
I don't know why I kept putting off reading this book. I really enjoyed this book. It took me awhile to get into it but once I did I didn't want to stop reading it. Betrayed continues the House of Night series.

Zoe Redbird, Damian, Stevie Rae, Shaunee and Erin (Twins) and Aphrodite return. Zoe is now the leader of the Dark Daughters. Zoe can sense that something is wrong. There is evil in the House of Night and you may be surprised by who it is.

I was surprised by how Zoe's friends have come into the powers. I will be continuing with this series. ( )
  crazy4reading | Dec 25, 2015 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).

Book 2 of the 'House of Night' series -- Zoey Redbird has an unusual life. Just recently she was Marked by Nyx, the goddess of night, to become a vampyre. But Nyx has also given Zoey unprecedented gifts that set her apart from every other vampyre before her. Already struggling to adapt to her new world, she realizes that something isn't quite right at the school, but the one person she should be able to trust the most seems to be the greatest danger.

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:29 -0400)

After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible