Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) by PC Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by PC Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)
Authors:PC Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

English (113)  Dutch (1)  All languages (114)
Got this out at the library this morning, started reading it at midday and finished it three hours later. I really needed something to concentrate on before my dentist appointment and this was a perfect distraction.

I enjoyed Betrayed much more than [Book:Marked], it flowed more easily and Zooey was less annoying. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
So I read the first one and I continued to the second one because I said so, just as I will the third. However, I can't see how the books continue past a third of it doesn't improve. I rarely will continue a read if I dislike the protagonist. I mean, that's the point of a book. The reader connects with and like the protagonist enough to keep escaping to their world for some fun. Zoey is not one of those protagonists. She is self absorbed and is always complaining about her poor self, perfect looks, amazing abilities that no not her of her age has ever been recorded having, and how she is so not a slut/hag/ho. I read that the mother who wrote these books let her daughter be intricately involved to help her know how teenagers speak. If this is how they speak in her state then thank god I'm not there. I can say to anyone who reads this and fears the worse for the future, no all teens are this shallow, self absorbed, and idiotic. They have brains aren't trying to give or get blow jobs, aren't drinking like moronic drunks or any of the other terrible "insight" that was given.

Ok, so now that I'm off that soap box I can get on another. Since I think this protagonist should be killed off and replaced, I have to find some redeemable quality. In that, there is the plot, sub characters, and some of the conflicts. Although the outcome of each conflict is highly predictable, they are some actual conflicts that teens face. The supporting characters are good, and so (spoiler) I was pissed when Stevie was killed. Easily one of the best if not the best characters and she's taken and yet the worst parents of the year are there, the high/drunk/only improving because he's imprinted (so forced improvement) boyfriend is there...these are terrible characters who should have been dealt with in book one. A simple car accident to kill them all would have been nice and proven that the writer saw the error of her ways but like my run on sentence....she didn't stop..... ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).

Book 2 of the 'House of Night' series -- Zoey Redbird has an unusual life. Just recently she was Marked by Nyx, the goddess of night, to become a vampyre. But Nyx has also given Zoey unprecedented gifts that set her apart from every other vampyre before her. Already struggling to adapt to her new world, she realizes that something isn't quite right at the school, but the one person she should be able to trust the most seems to be the greatest danger.

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:53 -0400)

After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,413,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible