Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) by PC Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by PC Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)
Authors:PC Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2007), Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

English (114)  Dutch (1)  All languages (115)
I just finished reading Betrayed. Betrayed is the second book in the House Of Night Series. Human high school kids are disappearing. They are later discovered dead. Their deaths are made to look like vampyres are responsible. Can Zoey and her group figure out what’s happening and stop it before it’s too late? Are they strong enough to do so while dealing with the loss of someone close to them?

I really love this series. This isn’t the first time I’ve read this book. I haven’t read the last few books in the series though so I’m re-reading this series to refresh my memory. One of the things I love most about this book, and the entire series, is the fact that the characters are real. They all have real problems they go through. They aren’t characters you see in a lot of places that just happen to have all the money they need at exactly the right time. They experience hardships just like everybody else.

There wasn’t really a whole lot I liked about this book. There are some consistency issues. They are very minor though and you’d have to be really paying attention to spot them out. They are overlookable in the grand scheme of the whole picture though. I wonder sometimes if they are really inconsistencies or if it’s just me being a little overly picky about small details.

If fully recommend this book, and the series in general, to anybody who is interested in paranormal books. It is mainly for young adult audiences, but I don’t think it matters who read it. If a reader likes it, they like it. I do recommend that they read the series in order though. It’s less confusing that way. I’m so honored to have read this book. ( )
  WillowStarSerenity | Dec 14, 2014 |
Got this out at the library this morning, started reading it at midday and finished it three hours later. I really needed something to concentrate on before my dentist appointment and this was a perfect distraction.

I enjoyed Betrayed much more than [Book:Marked], it flowed more easily and Zooey was less annoying. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).

Book 2 of the 'House of Night' series -- Zoey Redbird has an unusual life. Just recently she was Marked by Nyx, the goddess of night, to become a vampyre. But Nyx has also given Zoey unprecedented gifts that set her apart from every other vampyre before her. Already struggling to adapt to her new world, she realizes that something isn't quite right at the school, but the one person she should be able to trust the most seems to be the greatest danger.

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:53 -0400)

After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,354,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible