Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) by PC Cast

Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2) (edition 2007)

by PC Cast, Kristin Cast

4,322None1,139 (3.86)43
Member:sidhevicious
Title:Betrayed (House of Night, Book 2)
Authors:PC Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2007), Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

Betrayed by P. C. Cast

English (104)  Dutch (1)  All languages (105)
Originally posted at Fantasy Literature.

Betrayed is the second book in the HOUSE OF NIGHT series by mother/daughter team P.C. and Kristin Cast. In the first book, Marked, Zoey Redbird discovered that she??s a fledgling vampYre, went off to vampyre boarding school, defeated Aphrodite (the beautiful stuck-up popular girl) and her minions, became the most popular (but not stuck-up) girl and set up her own minions friends in a position of power where they will rule the school justly and benevolently.

In this second installment, we find Zoey trying to recast her in-group (called the Dark Daughters) into a peer leadership group (not sure why she doesnƒ??t start by changing the name). As Zoey is in the school library scouring the internet for sample charters, she meets Loren Blake, an adjunct teacher who is even more gorgeous and mysterious (he writes poetry by moonlight... Read the rest: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/betrayed/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
I've chosen to re-read the series because I'm hearing so much about it lately and it seems so much different from what I can remember. The first time around I liked it but found some of the plot boring, melodramatic and pretty much the same old vampire story as well as the characters being just plain annoying. Lets hope the second time around will be better, yes? So until then.. ( )
  FromDuskTilDawn | Mar 1, 2014 |
I still believe these books have little or no literay value, BUT I totally want to thank Samia Yeh for lending me this series. I LOVE IT!!!! And I HAVE TO READ THE NEXT BOOK!!!

House of Night is my introduction into the world of vampire books - I would say it was quite an entrance and I am so looking forward until the next time.

P.C. Cast - great job! ( )
  lmeza | Feb 6, 2014 |
The book Betrayed is a very exiting journey to go on. In this book the second book of the house of night series you will find out stuff that you have never though would happen.
Through this book your will get so interested that you will want to keep reading until finally the series ends and then you have will nothing else to read because this book series is so good.
But on that note you will enjoy this book and never want to drop it.
  br14caab | Dec 20, 2013 |
I just finished reading Betrayed. The second book in the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. This book is about Zoey trying to figure out why she keeps seeing fledglings who have died around the school. There are also human teenagers who keep disappearing. The way their bodies are found make it look like vamypres are killing them. It's up to Zoey and her friends to help find out the truth before more human teenagers die.

I really love this series. I'm not ashamed to say it's my favorite series of all times. I know that not everybody agrees with my opinion of this book. That's okay with me, but I fully encourage everybody to give this series a chance. I believe many people will adore it as much as I do. Zoey couldn't be a better main character. The personality the authors have given her is just endearing. She's so easy to relate to. ( )
  PricilliaDragomir | Nov 17, 2013 |

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
We would like to dedicate this book to (Aunty) Sherry Rowland, friend and publicist. Thank you, Sher, for taking care of us. Even when we're high maintenance and annoying (and especially when you give us "treaties"). We heart you very much.
"New kid, check it out," Shaunee said as she slid into the big booth-like bench we always claim as ours for every school meal served in the dining hall (translation: high-class school cafeteria).

Book 2 of the 'House of Night' series -- Zoey Redbird has an unusual life. Just recently she was Marked by Nyx, the goddess of night, to become a vampyre. But Nyx has also given Zoey unprecedented gifts that set her apart from every other vampyre before her. Already struggling to adapt to her new world, she realizes that something isn't quite right at the school, but the one person she should be able to trust the most seems to be the greatest danger.

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:53 -0400)

After settling in at the House of Night and becoming more comfortable with her vast powers, fledgling vampire Zoey Redbird faces a horrible crisis as human teenagers are becoming victims of a wave of murders and the House of Night becomes the prime suspect.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible