George by Margaret George
411,664,912 (4)None
Recently added byIrena., Clint1, geberhart, gatewood

To say I liked the story would be weird. I hated the world and most of the characters. I hated it as much as one could and should hate any such society in general.

I haven't read much of the dark erotica and I have to admit I am hardly a good judge of such stories. What I can say is that I loved the way it is written. You are introduced to Jodelle, a prostitute whose wardrobe marks her as one (they have to wear it) and through her memories and thoughts you get these snippets of this society.

While I was angered by certain things characters do and how they treat others (the doctor, the two nurses), I liked Jodelle. I cannot say anything about George because it would be spoiler, but his reaction to what Jodelle does is wonderfully bitter-sweet.
This being said, it would be interesting to read a series set in this horrible world. This is really a well written story. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,349,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible