Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff…

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

by Jeff Kinney

Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid (4)

English (106)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (109)
The book is about summer break and the main character (Greg) is ready for the summer. He wants to play video games all summer but his dad doesn't like him doing that. So Greg had to think of other things to do. Greg wanted to do boy scouts so his dad signed him up. So whenever they went to the camp Greg had to make dad not see the other camp because Greg didn't want to go to the camp, so he didn't do boy scouts any more. Later in the book they talked about the public poop that Greg hated, he liked going to the country club more. One day Rowley ( Greg's Friend) came over and his dad was with him with a bill of the cost of smoothies they have bought. The bill was $84 and Greg had to pay the bill. So now Greg has to get the money to pay back the bill.
I like the book because it is a book that is funny. I like how they thought of the idea of the book and how they have to get the money to pay for the bill. My favorite character is Greg because he is a lot like me. I liked the part when Rowley came over for a sleep over and Greg and Rowley watched a horror movie that they weren't supposed to. It was called the Muddy Hand, Rowley had his eyes closed the whole time though so he didn't see any of it. I also like the book because it is a good book that every one should read. I love the book because it is funny and weird. ( )
  Ryanc.G1 | Oct 3, 2014 |
Santa just brought me the whole collection of these books. I love them! ( )
  Mikelodeon | Apr 10, 2014 |
Author: Jeff Kinney
Title: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days
Illustrator: Jeff Kinney
Publisher: Amulet Books
Date: 2009
Pages:214
Book format Lit Genre Realistic fiction
Short Summary: Greg Heffley is a kid that wants to stay indoors during his summer break but his mom wants him to go outside and play on his break. Greg thinks of himself as a shy indoor person. Greg has a friend names Rowley who ownes a country club and during the summers Rowley and Greg usually swim in the pool. Greg also has a little Brother Manny. This book is like a diary of Greg's life and what he does each day.

Tags or subject headings: I think the theme of this book is about just being a kid and what kids do during summer vacation This reminds me of the TV show Fineas and Ferb on Disney Channel. The tags would be summer vacation.

Response to the book: I really liked the format of this book. I liked how it was in comic form it made it more enjoyable to read. I also liked the pictures in this book. This book made me laugh especially at the beginning of it when Greg called his mom old and the words he used to call his mom old. Greg really made fun of his mom in a way. This book was a joy to read. ( )
  Mihalevich | Mar 6, 2014 |
The fourth installment of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" is still as funny as ever! Not the best but will still make you laugh and miss the old school days. It has such lovable characters and Greg is still an insensitive ass sometimes, i mean always, HAHA. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 4, 2014 |
ɯ¤ ¯¤¯»¯¬¯_¯á¯»¯« ôÉô  ¯¤ôã¯Â¯_¯Á ¯øôà , ¯»¯_¯_ ¯¤ô  ôÉôô_¯« ¯±¯¤¯¬¯á ¯¬ô_ô  ¯¤ôãôÉôö¯¤ôâô ¯¤ôãôɯ¨¯»ôãô¯© ​

ôö ¯¬ôâôä ôÉôô_¯« ¯¤¯¨¯»ô㯤ô ôÉô  ¯Â¯_¯Á ôã¯Â¯_¯Á ( )
  dinanabil | Feb 28, 2014 |
Kinney has an ear — and eye — for the middle school milieu. For adult readers, he vividly brings back the oceanic feeling of helplessness that swamps most of us at that age when you're not in control of your weirdly changing body, or even what you're allowed to eat or read.

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Majoor, HannekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Jonathan.
For me, summer vacation is basically a three-month guilt trip.
"I asked Mom to take me back to Bombshells Beauty Salon again today, even though I didn't really need a haircut. I just felt like catching up on the town gossip."
OK, so maybe I AM lazy, but it's not really my fault.
This is the book on tape!

It’s summer vacation, the weather’s great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where’s Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing video games with the shades drawn.

Greg, a self-confessed “indoor person,” is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg’s mom has a different vision for an ideal summer . . . one packed with outdoor activities and “family togetherness.”

Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:47 -0400)

In the latest diary of middle-schooler Greg Heffley, he records his attempts to spend his summer vacation sensibly indoors playing video games and watching television, despite his mother's other ideas.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Three editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330495X, 0670074950, 0141335459

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,327,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible