Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4) by…

Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4) (edition 2009)

by Jeff Kinney

Member:izzyizzy
Title:Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4)
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:Amulet Books (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 224 pages

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

English (127)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All (131)
I have always enjoyed the Diary of a Wimpy Kids book series and the books are easy to relate to for kids in middle school. This book was about a boys summer and how everything that happened throughout it was not good. The students could read this book and write something about how things might not go their way or how their summer could have gone different. ( )
  hannahcole | May 1, 2017 |
Yep. Great idea, the three boys who have no idea what responsibility is are in desperate need of a puppy. That goes over real well. ( )
  benuathanasia | Mar 29, 2017 |
My children and I have fallen in love with Jeff Kinney’s series of The Diary of A Wimpy Kid. I have found that my children really relate with the chapter book/ comic strips that narrate Greg’s life. I have seen so many children get excited to read Kinney’s books. I love when I see children so excited to read that they cannot put the books down, and are quick to grab the sequel. Young readers are able to connect with scenarios that happen in Greg’s life. In this book, “Dog Days” I was even able to connect to the storyline as an adult. We all want our children to put the video games down for a moment, and go play outside. It was funny to understand the perspective of a child, and watch the devastation of being pulled from video games unfold. I give this book a five! ( )
  KrissyKares | Feb 27, 2017 |
Most of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid are about his school year but this one is about his summer. I decided to take this book off the shelf because it was a change in the usual books I read. This book is a ten out of ten, most of the books I will do the reports on are books I like. This book is based towards ten through thirteen year old. I could easily read this book a million times.

At the beginning pf the summer he stayed in and played video games. Greg and Rowly went to the beach in the summer . Greg wanted to go to the beach because he was tall enough to ride a roller coaster. He started going to the hair salon (even though he has three hairs) and started getting dirt on different people and rumors. Him and Rowly made a snow shoveling job, it did not go very well. His family got a new dog and Greg wasn't quite fond of the pup. They ended the summer with camping out for a video game but did not end up getting it.
  AbigailL.b1 | Jan 12, 2017 |
This is the 4th book in the diary of a wimpy kid series. It is humorous and unique just like all of the rest of the books in the series. I would use this book as a way to have students do their own creative writing entry.
  tayro_95 | Nov 9, 2016 |
Kinney has an ear — and eye — for the middle school milieu. For adult readers, he vividly brings back the oceanic feeling of helplessness that swamps most of us at that age when you're not in control of your weirdly changing body, or even what you're allowed to eat or read.

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Majoor, HannekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Jonathan.
For me, summer vacation is basically a three-month guilt trip.
"I asked Mom to take me back to Bombshells Beauty Salon again today, even though I didn't really need a haircut. I just felt like catching up on the town gossip."
OK, so maybe I AM lazy, but it's not really my fault.

The fourth installment of the famous book series "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" follows the kind of Summer that Greg Heffley does not want to have. He cannot wait for Summer because of all of the freedom and not worrying about school but is forced to spend time with his family and do outside activities.

It’s summer vacation, the weather’s great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where’s Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing video games with the shades drawn.

Greg, a self-confessed “indoor person,” is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg’s mom has a different vision for an ideal summer . . . one packed with outdoor activities and “family togetherness.”

Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:20 -0400)

In the latest diary of middle-schooler Greg Heffley, he records his attempts to spend his summer vacation sensibly indoors playing video games and watching television, despite his mother's other ideas.

3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330495X, 0670074950, 0141335459

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,486,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible