Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4) by…

Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4) (edition 2009)

by Jeff Kinney

Member:izzyizzy
Title:Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 4)
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:Amulet Books (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 224 pages

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

English (120)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (123)
Hilarious, unique, and stunning - what fun. I'm a huge Diary of the Wimpy Kid fan and it's fun to bond with my son over these books. The drawings are simple but serve their purpose, wouldn't work so well otherwise. The writing is fresh and genuinely tickles my funny bone. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Greg, the main character from many other books is back again!
Greg is in 7th grade, almost in the 8th grade, of course many things happen.
Greg has a brother who practically hates him, and Holly Hills, who he wants to be friends with.
His father threatens to put him in a Military Academy if he doesn't become a "man".
He also always a video game addict, which his dad didn't want. ( )
  MarG.B3 | May 30, 2016 |
Hilarious!!! ( )
  umbiela | Feb 16, 2016 |
Another winner in the series. Greg Heffley suffers hilariously thorugh a summer where he attempts to start a yard service, gets a dog named Sweetie, tries to make moves on an older female lifeguard, and is briefly estranged from his best friend Rowley AND his dad. The cartoons here seem even funnier than previous volumes. Wimpy fans will love it. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
I have many kids clamoring for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books so I wanted to see what they were all about. I found it entertaining and I can see why the kids can relate to Greg and his life. Curricular connections could be to have the kids do a creative writing activity in the form of a humorous journal about something that happened in their life, complete with illustrations! ( )
  JillStephens | Jan 28, 2016 |
Kinney has an ear — and eye — for the middle school milieu. For adult readers, he vividly brings back the oceanic feeling of helplessness that swamps most of us at that age when you're not in control of your weirdly changing body, or even what you're allowed to eat or read.

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Majoor, HannekeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Jonathan.
For me, summer vacation is basically a three-month guilt trip.
"I asked Mom to take me back to Bombshells Beauty Salon again today, even though I didn't really need a haircut. I just felt like catching up on the town gossip."
OK, so maybe I AM lazy, but it's not really my fault.

It’s summer vacation, the weather’s great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where’s Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing video games with the shades drawn.

Greg, a self-confessed “indoor person,” is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg’s mom has a different vision for an ideal summer . . . one packed with outdoor activities and “family togetherness.”

Whose vision will win out? Or will a new addition to the Heffley family change everything?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:20 -0400)

In the latest diary of middle-schooler Greg Heffley, he records his attempts to spend his summer vacation sensibly indoors playing video games and watching television, despite his mother's other ideas.

3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330495X, 0670074950, 0141335459

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,478,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible