The Breach by Patrick Lee

The Breach (edition 2010)

by Patrick Lee

Member:Steelyshan
Title:The Breach
Authors:Patrick Lee
Info:Harper (2010), Edition: X, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

The Breach by Patrick Lee

This book was a very compelling read. I could not put it down. The story is somewhat unique, and the characters were written so well, it just kept me wanting more. The book kept asking impossible questions, but eventually the answers reveal themselves, and my mind was just blown.

This is the story of Travis Chase, just a normal guy out for a hike. Then, all the sudden, a plane crashes nearby, and some special agents from an unknown agency swarm the place. One of the "good" agents finds him, and he agrees to help track down the plane, and its mysterious contents.

This is a crazy sci-fi adventure, with time travel, parallel dimensions, and secret artifacts that can do pretty much anything you can imagine. I finished this book in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. The weirdness factor, and the surprise factor were too much to ignore. I mean, I couldn't predict a goddamn thing in this book, which is a rare and beautiful thing.

I can't recommend this book enough. It's just that good. In fact, it's so good, I can't even think of anyone to fuck in their dirty asshole. Because, usually books are so bad, someone needs to get fucked dry. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
I liked the characters and the story but not sure if I liked it enough to continue with the series. ( )
  NHNick | Feb 2, 2015 |
IT was an interesting bit of escapism for a dreary weekend. ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
If I could give this book ten stars, I would. This one kept me up past my bedtime (those of you who know me well know that's quite a feat), taking me by the throat from the first sentence and not letting me go until the last, but even then I wanted more. Still do. When the hell does Ghost Country, the sequel to this, come out?

I can't even formulate any intelligent thought on this right now. It'll have to wait until I've settled down some. First book I've read in a long time that left me shaking. ( )
  stacy_chambers | Aug 22, 2013 |
Please note: I read and reviewed this in 2010 from a copy I received from Amazon Vine.

My Story outline: The Breach starts out like a thriller - the main character, Travis Chase, just released from prison, stumbles upon the wreck of a 747 that contains, among other things, the dead body of the First Lady and a cryptic note alluding to "Tangent." There is no sign of a rescue operation - in fact, there is no sign that anyone else heard the crash.

From there, things start to get weird, and slowly but surely veer off into science fiction. Before Chase knows it, he is involved with Tangent, a top-secret agency that is literally underground and maintains control of a breach in space-time through which strange and wonderful (and occasionally VERY deadly dangerous) things periodically arrive.

My Recommendation: I don't wish to spoil the story by providing too much information on the plot, so I'll leave things there. But this is definitely a book that fans of thrillers, suspense, conspiracy nuts and sci-fi won't want to miss. ( )
1 vote Katyas | Apr 21, 2013 |
For my mother
On the first anniversary of his release from prison, Travis Chase woke at four in the morning to bright sunlight framing his window blinds.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061584452, Mass Market Paperback)

Thirty years ago, in a facility buried beneath a vast Wyoming emptiness, an experiment gone awry accidentally opened a door.

It is the world's best-kept secret—and its most terrifying.

Allied with a beautiful covert operative whose life he saved, Chase must now play the role he's been destined for—a pawn of incomprehensible forces or humankind's final hope—as the race toward Apocalypse begins in earnest.

Because something is loose in the world.

And doomsday is not only possible . . . it is inevitable.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:38 -0400)

"Trying to regain his life in the Alaskan wilds, ex-con/ex-cop Travis Chase stumbles upon an impossible scene: a crashed 747 passenger jet filled with the murdered dead, including the wife of the President of the United States. Though a nightmare of monumental proportions, it pales before the terror to come, as Chase is dragged into a battle for the future that revolves around an amazing artifact. Allied with a beautiful covert operative whose life he saved, Chase must now play the role he's been destined for--a pawn of incomprehensible forces or humankind's final hope--as the race toward Apocalypse begins in earnest."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,150,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible