The Breach by Patrick Lee

The Breach (edition 2010)

by Patrick Lee

Member:Steelyshan
Title:The Breach
Authors:Patrick Lee
Info:Harper (2010), Edition: X, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

The Breach by Patrick Lee

My totally random brother in law ended up spending a weekend reading this at my house and it was off his recommendation I picked it up.

This is a damn interesting book. Secret government agencies protecting a "breach' in space and time. From this hole comes a variety of things delivered randomly by some unseen force. Seem objects seem useless, some incredibly dangerous and some possible technological breakthroughs that could change the world. It is not random though. Someone or something in some place or some time has an agenda and it's all about to kick off. ( )
  areadingmachine | Jul 6, 2015 |
"The Breach" lives up to its reviews. This is a fast-paced, exciting novel. I thought the opening was very strong, but then it started to get a bit too sci-fi for me. However, the resolution was nicely done and made much of what seemed initially a bit too coincidental make sense.

The short chapters often end with wonderful cliff-hangers. Patrick Lee did this so well, that I couldn't keep from thinking I was reading a Matthew Reilly novel at times. High praise indeed.

The novel involves what appears to be alien technology that is leading a former top-secret government scientist, Aaron Pilgrim to go rouge. Travis Chase, a former dirty cop who served prison time, and Paige Campbell, who heads Tangent, the aforementioned eyes-only government org, race time and angry hordes of mind-controlled people to take down Pilgrim. ( )
  Jarratt | Jun 21, 2015 |
This book was a very compelling read. I could not put it down. The story is somewhat unique, and the characters were written so well, it just kept me wanting more. The book kept asking impossible questions, but eventually the answers reveal themselves, and my mind was just blown.

This is the story of Travis Chase, just a normal guy out for a hike. Then, all the sudden, a plane crashes nearby, and some special agents from an unknown agency swarm the place. One of the "good" agents finds him, and he agrees to help track down the plane, and its mysterious contents.

This is a crazy sci-fi adventure, with time travel, parallel dimensions, and secret artifacts that can do pretty much anything you can imagine. I finished this book in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. The weirdness factor, and the surprise factor were too much to ignore. I mean, I couldn't predict a goddamn thing in this book, which is a rare and beautiful thing.

I can't recommend this book enough. It's just that good. In fact, it's so good, I can't even think of anyone to fuck in their dirty asshole. Because, usually books are so bad, someone needs to get fucked dry. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
I liked the characters and the story but not sure if I liked it enough to continue with the series. ( )
  NHNick | Feb 2, 2015 |
IT was an interesting bit of escapism for a dreary weekend. ( )
  bke | Mar 30, 2014 |
For my mother
On the first anniversary of his release from prison, Travis Chase woke at four in the morning to bright sunlight framing his window blinds.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061584452, Mass Market Paperback)

Thirty years ago, in a facility buried beneath a vast Wyoming emptiness, an experiment gone awry accidentally opened a door.

It is the world's best-kept secret—and its most terrifying.

Allied with a beautiful covert operative whose life he saved, Chase must now play the role he's been destined for—a pawn of incomprehensible forces or humankind's final hope—as the race toward Apocalypse begins in earnest.

Because something is loose in the world.

And doomsday is not only possible . . . it is inevitable.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:04 -0400)

"Trying to regain his life in the Alaskan wilds, ex-con/ex-cop Travis Chase stumbles upon an impossible scene: a crashed 747 passenger jet filled with the murdered dead, including the wife of the President of the United States. Though a nightmare of monumental proportions, it pales before the terror to come, as Chase is dragged into a battle for the future that revolves around an amazing artifact. Allied with a beautiful covert operative whose life he saved, Chase must now play the role he's been destined for--a pawn of incomprehensible forces or humankind's final hope--as the race toward Apocalypse begins in earnest."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,435,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible