Twice Twenty-Two by Ray Bradbury

Title:Twice Twenty-Two
Authors:Ray Bradbury
Info:Publisher Unknown
Rating:*****

Twice 22: Ray Bradbury's Two Memorable Books: The Golden Apples of the Sun and A Medicine for Melancholy by Ray Bradbury

Earlier this year, I did one of my frequent visits to Goodwill and was awed to see an entire collection of golden age science fiction. Included was the first edition of this book, complete in its paper dust cover.

As far as reviewing it-- it's Bradbury. I had only read two of the stories before, and I had never read his collected works. I was surprised at the amount of literary fiction; I always think of him as more of a genre writer. His writing is elegant and deep. I especially loved "The Murderer," which foretold modern media like Facebook and Twitter fifty years in advance, "The Two Where No One Got Off" an intriguing story though the title made me snicker, and the heartbreaking classic "All Summer in a Day" about a little girl who yearns for the sun of Earth. ( )
1 vote ladycato | Sep 11, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,337,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible